Who wants accurately made engine decals?

m73

Reaction score
I am only asking because I may consider making a small batch if owners are really interested. The font type, size, spacing and actual decal size will all be identical to original.

Decals will also have a sheen finish and look glossy like reproductions. I would still need a few pictures from dedicated owners from the fuse decal and tire pressure decals and the kit may not include ATE stickers.

I will update pricing and minimum order if there is enough interest. Right now I am probable 4-6 weeks from reality but wanted to ask who would definitely be interested.

Thanks for letting me know,

Mo

PS. full kits will also include both types of paint decals accurately made if owners send me pictures and dimensions.

dpdapper

Site Donor
Reaction score
Carl Nelson has the decals as well. http://www.bimmerdoc.com/parts-find...3-0700/e9-2800cs30cscsicsl/coupe-sticker-set/. They seem to match originals. YMMV.

Here are some of them in my ‘73 CS.

adb64e1d5de58196adc26e2f7e51d0bd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The problem is that there are many different sticker sets available and most of the ones I have seen are not correct or are not correct for a given year. The tire sticker Carl sells was never on a US market coupe, there are two or three red A/C stickers, the oil sticker is the one that is most often incorrect. And the paint stickers for 72 and earlier coupes are in Italics and aren’t available either. Mo would need photos of guaranteed original stickers with dimensions to accomplish this.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
The problem is that there are many different sticker sets available and most of the ones I have seen are not correct or are not correct for a given year. The tire sticker Carl sells was never on a US market coupe, there are two or three red A/C stickers, the oil sticker is the one that is most often incorrect. And the paint stickers for 72 and earlier coupes are in Italics and aren’t available either. Mo would need photos of guaranteed original stickers with dimensions to accomplish this.

I’m up for a set along with doubles of a select few stickers.

Reactions: m73

m73

Reaction score

Thanks Chris,

I am certainly not trying to step on anyone's toes here....I know stickers are being made but really want to make them close to original as possible. This is actually a daunting task and I would need pictures and lots of support.

The end product will be a really high quality decal that looks much better than any other sticker on the market. Might be worth it as coupes are now 50K + and a good paint job is worth high quality stickers IMHO.

I will post more questions as they come up....right now I am looking for fuse box and tire pressure only along with any original paint fonts and sizes out there.

Mo

m73

Reaction score
I’m up for a set along with doubles of a select few stickers.

Thanks Markos, these will be worth it! You can buy a set(s) to keep on the shelf until the right time :)

The amount of work this takes will outweigh the practicality but if owners that already bought stickers want to upgrade and I get enough interest it should be worth the effort....

Mo

m73

Reaction score
Curious about durability?...Moisture, heat, etc. Thanks for your efforts.

Thanks Dave,

They will be printed on a stronger vinyl, not really thick...but not prone to tearing and with a quality feel & adhesive -- like on modern cars. Heat and moisture in moderation should be OK and they should last as long as you can take care of them.

I have been printing decals with this manufacturer for over 5 years and not one complaint regarding decal or print quality.

Updates will be posted but for now I want to know how many owners want a new set of decals or want to upgrade there 'incorrect decals'

Then I will ask for a few pictures & measurements to make sure I am getting things right.

Mo

m73

Reaction score
Mo,

As you know I will help and will buy some as well.

Thanks Chris,

I will be asking for pictures soon. I think the fuse-box is the hardest but if anyone has the door removed and can take a few dead-on pictures that would be great, paint decals too.....

I have the Euro tire pressure on my coupe so just looking for the US one if anyone can take a picture....:)

Mo

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are three or four US tire stickers, two for the gas door and two on the fender, I have some of these. I have an italics paint sticker I can send you.

m73

Reaction score
There are three or four US tire stickers, two for the gas door and two on the fender, I have some of these. I have an italics paint sticker I can send you.

Thanks Chris,

If you can send a measurement also that would be great. I need clear pictures so I can read the letters and try to make spacing as accurate as possible.

Thanks,

Mo

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have original decals on my usa 72 and am happy to send pics and dimensions if necessary

m73

Reaction score
I have original decals on my usa 72 and am happy to send pics and dimensions if necessary

Yes Steve,

Looking for the paint decal + measurement and also the tire pressure. I have both oil decals made and the cooling and battery (which already exist) ready.

My goal is to make a perfect set so they all match in material and quality. Send away, I know I can use the history lesson :)

Mo

zinz

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Mo,

I think the engine bay decals will be the last thing I put on the '67... I bought some repros from BTS-Autoteile while ordering other things. I haven't inspected them closely yet.

I would obviously like to put the most correct ones on this car; so, if your are making some, please keep me in mind.

I will consult with the gurus prior to placing any decals :)

Thanks,

Ed

m73

Reaction score
I am in Melbourne Australia restoring a 1969 2800cs e9. Looking for under bonnet decals especially the main sticker shoView attachment 57037
wing the model 2800cs. can anyone help? Cheers

Nice car! I believe your oil decal is different but other decals should be the same. Fuse and tire pressures may also be different -- 2800 owners may share wisdom.....

-Mo

m73

Reaction score
Mo,

I think the engine bay decals will be the last thing I put on the '67... I bought some repros from BTS-Autoteile while ordering other things. I haven't inspected them closely yet.

I would obviously like to put the most correct ones on this car; so, if your are making some, please keep me in mind.

I will consult with the gurus prior to placing any decals :)

Thanks,

Ed

Thanks Ed, 2000cs decals may not be possible although I am working on 2002 decals and they may be the same. Nice to know you are considering making your car as original as possible....:)

I have lots of work to do if that is the case and will need much help from owners with original decals, but that is half of the fun.

Mo