Why I have BMW's

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hopefully this picture loads, 1981 528i. This happened in 1983 with my wife driving and 2 year old daughter behind her in rear seat. As she approached a rail road crossing in Plano, TX, a trash truck realized that it could not stop in time and attempted to pass and there was my wife in the other lane. She immediately turned to avoid a head on, hit the rear dual wheels of the trash truck, completely knocked them off, and you see the results. The car did exactly as designed, engine and tranny were now on the ground, and the only injury was a broken nose, wife did not have seat belt on.

After a few hours, wifey said, "what type of car are you going to get to replace the BMW, anything is fine as long as it is a BMW!

Journey has not ended, as we continue to have the bug!

Attachments

• 528i.jpg
    528i.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 139

italiangerman

Site Donor
Reaction score
protection

I bet a good number of us have similar stories. A couple of years ago my wife was driving her current model X3 as a driver was running from the cops, jumped a curb and then came across and hit her on the drivers front quarter almost head on. The car was totalled and she came out with minor injuries except from a left ear drum that was shot due to the door air bag explosion.

She has been driving a new X3 ever since notwithstanding the air bag design that is hopefully getting improved.