Why I'm glad I know how to work on cars

bavbob

Well-Known Member
Site Donor
Messages
3,781
Reaction score
1,879
Location
Boston, Ma
Friend owns a 2022 M4 Competition. He broke a fin on the rear diff cover, one fin! One Boston BMW dealer insisted he replace the entire diff until he spoke to me and I recc either a new diff cover or do nothing (he does not track this car, one fin, who cares). Initially quoted over 10k, that became a few hundred after requesting a new cover only. Different Boston BMW dealership, due for a coolant flush. How about $1,300! He's now on a steep learning curve.

Yes, ownership is costly for such cars but I just cannot believe the dishonesty and attempt to bamboozle the consumer. What kind of stuff did you not know you needed when you brought your newer BMW in for the airbag recall?
 
Agreed. I also think that knowing how to do stuff yourself, or at least not being afraid to try, applies to so many things in our daily lives. Relying on yourself first can give anyone a better chance in life. Or, have a great paying job i guess.

Dan
 
Back
Top