Why our roads are neglected

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
For those who think there is not really an effort underway to get us to give up driving our cars, I offer the following quote from Governor Moonbeam:

Chapman University professor and City Journal contributing editor Joel Kotkin wrote last year in the Orange County Register that [California Governor Jerry] Brown’s goal “is to make congestion so terrible that people will be forced out of their cars and onto transit.”

https://www.city-journal.org/html/pothole-coast-highway-15087.html

Mike Goble

Reaction score
...I offer the following quote from Governor Moonbeam:

Chapman University professor and City Journal contributing editor Joel Kotkin wrote last year in the Orange County Register that [California Governor Jerry] Brown’s goal “is to make congestion so terrible that people will be forced out of their cars and onto transit.”

A quote from Governor Moonbeam? Seems to be an opinion about him.

This weekend I drove from Montana to California, across Idaho, Utah and Nevada. When you're on I-80 in Nevada at 0200, you can count the cars you'll see in an hour on the fingers of your hands. If you happen to be driving on I-5 at the same hour of the day you'll see 20-30 times the traffic. What if they built a road and nobody used it?

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
In my case Moonbeam is in power in Toronto. They are strangling all the arteries in and out with bikes lanes NO ONE will be using two months from now till mid May.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A quote from Governor Moonbeam? Seems to be an opinion about him.

This weekend I drove from Montana to California, across Idaho, Utah and Nevada. When you're on I-80 in Nevada at 0200, you can count the cars you'll see in an hour on the fingers of your hands. If you happen to be driving on I-5 at the same hour of the day you'll see 20-30 times the traffic. What if they built a road and nobody used it?
Senators get pork barrel bills passed all the time to build roads to nowhere...

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
The key to traffic control is well thought out bike lanes, strongly enforced laws on texting and hand held cell phones while driving, timed lights, a great mass transit system and courteous drivers/bike riders..................in Boston we have none of these.

scottd

Reaction score
Our current key to traffic control in Florida is to build an infrastructure of poor electric support, and have it inoperable for weeks after any storm, even if it's 100 miles away.

Sweaty, Electricity-deprived Scott on day six, cursing FLorida Power and Light.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The key to traffic control is well thought out bike lanes, strongly enforced laws on texting and hand held cell phones while driving, timed lights, a great mass transit system and courteous drivers/bike riders..................in Boston we have none of these.

Speaking of MA drivers, when I was teaching my son about various potentially hazardous situations he might encounter as he learned to drive, I informed him that proximity to any vehicle sporting a MA license plate is one to watch.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
When my oldest son was only 6, he started calling his brothers, Massholes. I asked him where he leaned the phrase and he said he read it off a bumper sticker on a car in front of us one day.