Will I find any "goodies" in European dealers?

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
The best ones seem to be in Netherlands and Germany.

I find a lot of European classic cars at dealers are overpriced. They are content to sit and wait years for the right buyer willing to pay.

If you are in Milan area, definitely go the Alfa Museum in Arese. Excellent.

I've heard good thongs about the Schlumph collection at Musee National in Alsace.

And about visiting the Pagani factory in Italy.

Maybe you can see the Mille Miglia when you are there! It's in two weeks. Not to be missed.

Scott

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
Will be in Milan. I know of the Schlumpf Collection and have a coffee table book on it. I will be in Paris as well and if I have the time I will try to take a train to the collection. IIRC, it is in Alsace(sp) Lorraine?

m_thompson

Reaction score
Will be in Milan. I know of the Schlumpf Collection and have a coffee table book on it. I will be in Paris as well and if I have the time I will try to take a train to the collection. IIRC, it is in Alsace(sp) Lorraine?
The Musée National de l’Automobile is in Mulhouse, north west of Basel and south of Strasbourg. I was amazed at the size and quality of the collection on my first visit. Leave plenty of time to wander around.

On my last visit I bought a discounted two-museum ticket that also included the Cité du Train - Musée français du chemin de fer, a steam train museum about 3 miles from the Musée National de l’Automobile. That was also interesting to see.