Will Porsche 911 sunroof panel fit...

61porsche

Reaction score
New

panels are still available at not much more cost and used panels do come up for sale.

echappe

Reaction score
i think the accepted practice for sunroof install or delete is to cut the entire roof at the A and C pillar. Trying to weld in a splice on the sheetmetal on top is difficult to get a smooth transition.
My 2 cents

jmackro

Reaction score
Porsche sunroof gaskets are routinely substituted for the BMW parts (as I recall, they are priced lower, though are the wrong color). But of course, these gaskets are just flexible pieces of fabric. FWIW, Volvo cables can be substituted as well (though you need to cut them down).

However, I'd think it would be a miracle if the sunroof metal panel for a 911 had the same curvature and shape as the one for an e9.

execmalibu

Reaction score
I have both a 1973 Porsche and a 1973 E9... The Sunroofs look Identical....

I have both a 1973 Porsche and a 1973 E9 and the roofs are Golde... The Sunroofs look Identical... The sunroof door has the same overall measurements but I am not sure about the exact shape (curvature). I have not tried installing a Porsche sunroof door in an E9 but it sure looks like it will work.

I did notice that the Porsche sunroof cables were a little bit shorter but they still might work... I know that the Porsche pop-up wind deflector fit perfectly except it makes more wind noise up then if you push it down. That might be because of the aerodynamic shape of the E9 vs the Porsche?