Window Tool

TREMK

Reaction score
I have a window tool available to first person needing one. I purchased from Stan couple years ago. Must be a pre 1974 car. PM me your address I'll send it to you.US only please. Possibly make a donation to e9coupe.com

Mike

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the beauty about giving something away is that you have the right to put any qualifications on it that you wish ... especially when giving it away with free shipping.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think once a month as many members as possible should list an item to sell and the proceeds will go to the forum. We all have parts that have been on the shelves for years and will most likely stay on the shelves for many more years. I think it would be nice to offer it to members who would love to buy it and put it to good use. Just a thought we could list it as "Item for Donation" Feedback welcome.
Koopman.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i think this is a wonderful idea Harry. i will gladly contribute to this and hope others will do so as well ... and by doing so, we can raise funds for the forum.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
wow?? I was just trying to be nice and donate a part to a member without shipping worldwide. It was not my intention to offended anyone.
Mike

mike, wow, i was surprised, and i said that, i am free to say that the same way you are free to set your conditions for selling or giving for free, accepted
i was surprised because local shipping for a 50gr piece of plastic would have costed me 3,7 euro and international worldwide shipping of the same piece of plastic would have been 5,2 euro, just checked online
so IMHO money is not the question
i am adding a reflexion on the point that keeping our movements local makes this place limited in some sense, i have the feeling that some members, mostly newcomers, do not believe that this is an international forum
many members here have offered shipping inlcuded in the price (or free shipping within the 48 i.e.), and adding the difference they accepted international shipping, perfect
it has been a while that i am facing similar situations, in other places, when someone from xx will not ship to yy, and someone from zz will not ship to kk
not to mention that others will stop accepting your advices if you are from the hh continent
i am simply not in favour of any discrimination, even if being a generous donation, which is the case
next time we might see an offer right handed only, or pink hairs only, or green skinners only, or island citizens only,...;-)
all this was comprised in my wow, glad it captured your attention :)
kind regards

TREMK

Reaction score
mike, wow, i was surprised, and i said that, i am free to say that the same way you are free to set your conditions for selling or giving for free, accepted
i was surprised because local shipping for a 50gr piece of plastic would have costed me 3,7 euro and international worldwide shipping of the same piece of plastic would have been 5,2 euro, just checked online
so IMHO money is not the question
i am adding a reflexion on the point that keeping our movements local makes this place limited in some sense, i have the feeling that some members, mostly newcomers, do not believe that this is an international forum
many members here have offered shipping inlcuded in the price (or free shipping within the 48 i.e.), and adding the difference they accepted international shipping, perfect
it has been a while that i am facing similar situations, in other places, when someone from xx will not ship to yy, and someone from zz will not ship to kk
not to mention that others will stop accepting your advices if you are from the hh continent
i am simply not in favour of any discrimination, even if being a generous donation, which is the case
next time we might see an offer right handed only, or pink hairs only, or green skinners only, or island citizens only,...;-)
all this was comprised in my wow, glad it captured your attention :)
kind regards

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
It sure did capture my attention I'm being accused of discriminating when all I did was give away a part. I don't take that lightly. BTW I'm left handed you did'nt include
me in your quote. Mike

mike, i recomend you to consider the first meaning of discriminate, not the second :)

discriminate
dɪˈskrɪmɪneɪt/
verb
  1. 1.
    recognize a distinction; differentiate.
    "babies can discriminate between different facial expressions"
  2. 2.
    make an unjust or prejudicial distinction in the treatment of different categories of people, especially on the grounds of race, sex, or age.
BTW, a complaint of being left handed makes me deduce that you might be: pink haired, green skinner and an island citizen, just because you didn´t complain about those,...;-)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jesus,

You may feel like you are presenting a logical argument. To others it might appear that you are just being mean spirited to someone who was being overly generous.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jesus, if you do not have one of these and are in need, please let me know ... i think i might have a spare. I do think that Mike was being very generous to give away something that he paid 20 bucks or so for ... and in light of the fact that i think he is going to keep his coupe ... it might be something that he wishes he hadn't done. Jesus, you also have to remember that Mike was not asking the receiver to pay for shipping ... he was giving that away as well ... and i can appreciate the desire to limit his exposure.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
thank you i do have this tool
i am not against mike,
i am only presenting my surprise to the "...only"
my opinion is probably built in many experiences that happened before and probably is not fair to have posted this in mike's thread,
i am sorry for this
i tried to ease it with a bit of humour, it probably didnt work well
nevermind

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Jesus,

You have offered to buy parts from me in the past and then refused because shipping is too expensive, which it is for large parts. This thread has reminded me of the incorrect trunk roundel that left a new member here very dissatisfied.

Chris