windscreen wiper spindle

jvrenaudon

Reaction score
Can anyone help me locate a right hand side wiper spindle with decent bush, splines and thread? For certainty, I am looking for driver's side on a RHD. Thanks in advance. John

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
John, is that the one with 2 ball joints, or the single ball joint?

(Image stole from W&N site, although they do not have them)
1654073014173.png
or
1654073034173.png

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Please beware that facelift E9 cars have had threaded not splined mounting of wiper arms.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would call for @HB Chris for help.

He's our bridge keeper
View attachment 142075
The Orange Parts book says a change was made to the spindle and the black wiper arms at the start of or maybe during the MY 74 US production and Euro Modell 73 but no VIN changeover is specified (these are the same). Both early and late black wipers say in German “serration” and the mounting nuts changed. However, I don’t think I have never seen a US 74 with a bolt on wiper. Perhaps it changed later in production and Europe saw these in the 75 model year coupes.

Does anyone with a US 74 have the bolt on wiper? If you do please provide the VIN.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI - The pot metal splined cap, M16 threaded collar, and mounting nuts cross over to the e3. The pivot is different however.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
The Orange Parts book says a change was made to the spindle and the black wiper arms at the start of or maybe during the MY 74 US production and Euro Modell 73 but no VIN changeover is specified (these are the same). Both early and late black wipers say in German “serration” and the mounting nuts changed. However, I don’t think I have never seen a US 74 with a bolt on wiper. Perhaps it changed later in production and Europe saw these in the 75 model year coupes.

Does anyone with a US 74 have the bolt on wiper? If you do please provide the VIN.

As always interesting.

It's almost obvious than - according to Chris - that I have threaded version in one of the last E9 cars produced (German market).

bmwski

Reaction score
Can anyone help me locate a right hand side wiper spindle with decent bush, splines and thread? For certainty, I am looking for driver's side on a RHD. Thanks in advance. John
I have a R side wiper spindle with a good bushing, threads and spline. $120 usd +shipping. I'm in the USA, South Carolina. PM me if you're interested. Tom.

Attachments

• 20220601_174820.jpg
    20220601_174820.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220601_174803.jpg
    20220601_174803.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 59

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
As always interesting.

It's almost obvious than - according to Chris - that I have threaded version in one of the last E9 cars produced (German market).
I would love to hear from other 74/75 owners in Europe, it obviously changed at some point.