windshield seal update

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes, I saw they have them, was going to see if I could find one domestically. I spoke with a guy last year who had some NOS supposedly in good condition, but shelved that pending a gasket. Worst case I can use W&N, but I'll poke around a bit.

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
yeah, i just went back through my old e-mails, the guy I was talking to had some Siglas lying around, but it was going to be $500 all-in plus some delamination risk and whatnot with 20 year old glass, so W&N is probably the right route.

MatthewCervi

Reaction score
A word of warning on getting windshields shipped to the US from W&N: UPS seems to take all the multiple-language "WARNING GLASS" tape on the boxes as a sign that they should find all the ways they can drop the package before it gets to you.

UPS pretty much destroyed the first one they delivered; I couldn't believe they actually left the box on my front porch considering how damaged it was. UPS took it back, and W&N immediately shipped a new one. The second one still came in a heavily damaged box (all nicely taped up by UPS), but at least the windshield survived the journey.

I highly recommend W&N, but maybe not for large pieces of glass.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would bet that you could find a US windshield glass if you post a wtb in the parts forum. I know theres a number of members sitting on them

Sean Haas

Site Donor $
Reaction score
227 euros is a deal even when adding shipping
Have you (or anyone) installed a W&N one yet? I e-mailed them to see who made it and they said "we did", so not sure what that means as I'm assuming they don't own a glass factory. I know these guys have a solid reputation but I also recall reading somewhere along the line that people were having issues with some replacement windshields not fitting properly. Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience before I pull the trigger.

MatthewCervi

Reaction score
Have you (or anyone) installed a W&N one yet? I e-mailed them to see who made it and they said "we did", so not sure what that means as I'm assuming they don't own a glass factory. I know these guys have a solid reputation but I also recall reading somewhere along the line that people were having issues with some replacement windshields not fitting properly. Just wanted to see if anyone had any experience before I pull the trigger.
I hope I can let you know the results in a few days. Mine is sitting on my hood currently while I wait to get 3 family members in the house at the same time so we can install it.

The manufacturer for my windshield is NordGlass. Based on how the seal is fitting at this point (it seems a little loose at the top), I'd say the windshield might be slightly smaller than the stock one, but I won't be able to judge the shape until we get it in. My experience is based on 2002 windshields where factory seals are a tight fit on factory glass.

MatthewCervi

Reaction score
I hope I can let you know the results in a few days. Mine is sitting on my hood currently while I wait to get 3 family members in the house at the same time so we can install it.

The manufacturer for my windshield is NordGlass. Based on how the seal is fitting at this point (it seems a little loose at the top), I'd say the windshield might be slightly smaller than the stock one, but I won't be able to judge the shape until we get it in. My experience is based on 2002 windshields where factory seals are a tight fit on factory glass.
Follow up... the W&N windshield fits well. Overall, I'd say it's a lot easier to install a windshield in a Bavaria than in a 2002.

e30strube

Reaction score
I ordered a windshield from W&N and it cane within a week or so. The box was destroyed but the glass was fine. I picked the glass up at UPS so that I could open and check it there.

Shipping IN the US for used windshields was $150-200, so I decided to try the new one. I went through the usual windshield places like Pilkington and they were going to take 3-4 months to get a new one and it was more expensive than W&N.

Last edited:

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yeah! Received Coupe Kings seal and I have a solution! I have a brand new one for the later cars is someone needs, Paid $125 plus shipping

StephenZ

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yep! Got my new seal from Coupeking, too...Cleaned it up and it is beautiful! So happy that came up.

Reaction score
If you saw my earlier post, I bought an e12 seal with the hopes that I could make it work. Frustratingly, no. the bottom corners are okay but the top corners are too tight radius. the e12 has a more gradual curve and the seal will not sit in without pinching so much that you can't get the sides to seat.

I'm pissed, bummed, and I'm just about to give up and part out the car. If I can't move forward, then there's no use doing more work to it.

Anyone have a 73 bavaria windshield?