Windshield wiper arm question

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So, I'm almost done putting my car back together and my wiper arms are pretty trashed. The car in question is a 1974, however I have 1972 bumpers on her so what is the proper color or finish to have on the wiper arms. I know someone out there knows the answer and I'm hoping they speak up.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So, all my buffing may have been for naught- Since I'm creating a bit of a modified chariot which finish of the two do you think I should choose? Thanks- and Chris, I knew you would have the answer

Attachments

• wipers.jpg
    wipers.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 169

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Your subliminal efforts are no longer subliminal. :D

I would go with one of each. Other than that, I much prefer the silver wipers. 1973 was basically the last year that you saw silver wipers on a BMW. It is worth embracing. :)

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So, all my buffing may have been for naught- Since I'm creating a bit of a modified chariot which finish of the two do you think I should choose? Thanks- and Chris, I knew you would have the answer
To me the color of the body would have some affect on my choice for wipers. Mine are black but probably should be satin or chrome to go with the dark blue Avus paint and chrome (plastic) grills. LOL.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i much prefer the satin or chrome (silver) wiper arms / blade holders. it just seems more period correct ... of course, i generally prefer the chrome fender + hood grilles on any color. i have a '71 so i may be jaded on this subject since that is correct for my car.

Dohn

Reaction score
A related question. Did all the years have the little wind deflector on the driver's side wiper arm? My '74 has black arms, but no deflectors. I suspect they're not original, but thought I would ask.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A related question. Did all the years have the little wind deflector on the driver's side wiper arm? My '74 has black arms, but no deflectors. I suspect they're not original, but thought I would ask.

Yes, driver side has the deflector on the CS (Shepherds Crook end) & 2002 (Bayonet end)