Wiper Motor Question

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii6/ClassicCoupe/DSCN3337.jpg

If you open the picture you will see the side of the motor that faces the ground. From left to right:
A. brown wire going to the white connector, green leaving
B. green going in red going out
C. tan wire
D. black wire

The question:

The green wire for location A was touching the the brass "spade" but not really connected to it.
1. Is that were this wire belongs?
2. Should I strip more wire and solder it con?
3. What does it do/ activate?

Has anyone got photos of the wires going into the plastic connector showing the wire colors?

Last edited:

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Here's an old pic of mine, it's painted but maybe you can decipher something. Looks like my tab is on the left.

IMG-20101211-00047.jpg

61porsche

Reaction score
Best guess

Assuming there was a symtom, the brown wire connection looks as if there was a soldered connection on the green that broke ( shiney at the top)and not to the spade terminal. If true, the the folowing might be the way it works:

The parking mechanism changes the polarity to cause the motor to reverse. On that assumtion, the green wire would back feed for the reverse to work.

The factory diagram isn't clear, but that's how a Bosch works.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Two things are not happening:
1. Windshield washer won't go
2. To turn on the wipers I need to active via the stalk and pull the speed control fully

So, it appears that the correct location for this loose wire could be the the plastic connector below rather than the brass spade to the right?

Last edited:

61porsche

Reaction score
Steve's picture shows the wire to the spade on the plastic connector. You can always set it in place and temporarily Jump the green to the connection.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Steve's picture shows the wire to the spade on the plastic connector. You can always set it in place and temporarily Jump the green to the connection.

The body shop pulled the wiper mechanism to prep the car for painting. I had hoped to return it ready to install. It appears that the three bolt can be easily removed and the motor will drop off. Is this so?

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
+1

just make sure that you have all those nyon washers in right order when you install it

each one of those three bolts has a set of two nylon washers plus an steel washer, one of the washers came from under the support plate, and is difficult to maintain it there when you start the assembly, so one solution is to use a little glue to fix the washers to the support plate, and then attemp to introduce the motor below them, then you will fix the bolts one by one from avobe

finally fix the linkage with a hex nut, take care of the right position of the linkage, i mean thst you can fix the small arm in the motor axis in many positions of its rotating path (it is a circumference, right?), so take care when doing this

regards

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Each one of those three bolts has a set of two nylon washers plus an steel washer, one of the washers came from under the support plate, and is difficult to maintain it there when you start the assembly, so one solution is to use a little glue to fix the washers to the support plate, and then attemp to introduce the motor below them, then you will fix the bolts one by one from above

...Aha so that is why the nylon washers I remover has silicone used to stick them on! I though perhaps it was an attempt at waterproofing!!!