Wiring Harness - Insulated Sleeves

NWDBayArea

Reaction score
Hello!

I am looking to see if anyone has found a vendor that sells these insulated sleeves new. My hunt has been unsuccessful...

Attached is a photo and screenshot from a parts catalog.

Any information would be helpful!

Thanks,
Nick

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 1.31.33 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 1.31.33 PM.png
    810 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_5399.JPG
    IMG_5399.JPG
    318.7 KB · Views: 137

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
@NWDBayArea : I've located the original manufacturer, and send them an Email a week ago; but no reply yet.
If i book any progress, I'll update.

See other info here on another close match:

and the specific connector:

NWDBayArea

Reaction score
I got a hit!

HSU Electronic Components in Omond Beach FL.

Contact info:
[email protected]

I attached some photos of the sleeves we received. They unfortunately came in two different colors, but the original "HSU" markings make up for this loss. Should make for a clean wiring harness.

Reasonably priced as well.

Attachments

• IMG_5487.JPG
    IMG_5487.JPG
    431.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5488.JPG
    IMG_5488.JPG
    292 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_5489.JPG
    IMG_5489.JPG
    260.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_5490.JPG
    IMG_5490.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 100

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Good that Someone finally asked local US Dealer.

As far as I remember Erik haven't receive any feedback from German HSU Office.

What the prices were - can you disclose please?

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
I got a hit!

HSU Electronic Components in Omond Beach FL.

Contact info:
[email protected]

I attached some photos of the sleeves we received. They unfortunately came in two different colors, but the original "HSU" markings make up for this loss. Should make for a clean wiring harness.

Reasonably priced as well.
That website says they are in Pleasanton, CA... Not FL. Even better!

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just got a reply yesterday as well from the german HSU office, we can purchase there also directly. Prices relatively cheap, at 10 euro or so for 100 pcs.
Minimum order quantity is 50 euro, so I guess I will be the " European warehouse".

I will order some, including some of the isolation sleeves for the 6.3 female spade connectors.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Erik, great news!

I will for sure take some from You if possible.
Do we know how many of these are used typically in E9?

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, I can count them in my car exactly but it wil be different i think in other cars due to options:
From my mind (I.will update later on with an exact count):
My car is a carbed, May 73 Automatic 3.0, swiss delivered so with internal fog light:

- 2 single ones are taped to the harness as they are empty.
- I have a 5 and 3 version at the fuse box.
- I have have 2 singles at each bottom of A- pillar for front Windows, even through i have manual.
- A double one on the brake booster structure, I think for Automatic connections.
- 1 single on the tiny harness to the steering column.

No clue how this will look for e.g. a injected car or one with fixed rear windows.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
For sure the number will differ. 2.5CS is really poor-equipped E9.

I will not be complaining to purchase with some spare. Not a big money to think about too much. :)

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Our wiring harness has insulation sleeves (connectors) from the HSU company in Germany. I have contacted them recently, and they can supply some parts.

I will order some connectors as i need 3 new ones myself. I need to fill up to reach a minimum order amount to 50 euro anyway, so best to do that with stuff that helps other members. Any Forum members that care to reserve some?
@stphers ; you asked about them?
@Krzysztof : please tell me what amounts & types you'd require.

Cost: the Small sleeve connectors are about 10 cents, the rectangular block ones are 25 cents per wire (+spreading minimal order cost & shipment which will add about+25%). I will ship out @ cost.

If so, please indicate which ones:

Female connector 6.3 mm Clear PVC sleeve. Not sure if still available, but i'll ask. I did not count them on my car but estimate ~40 of them. 2 different sizes, 20 mm long for wires up to 1,5mm2 and 25 mm long version for bigger diameter wire up to 3 mm2
1644236496339.png
Thin=20mm long:
1644236633510.png
Thick=25 mm long:
1644236516467.png

Same; but black sleeve. *THESE ARE STILL AVAILABLE; confirmed by HSU Feb 2022* . See picture with 3 black ones in view: 2 are for thick wire, >3mm2 & 25 mm long, the one at the mouse pointer is for a thin wire up to 1,5 mm2 & 20 mm long.
About 15 thin ones are used, and about 8 thick ones used in engine compartment & at fuse box, at least for my carbed car):
1644231371211.png
4 versions side by side: left 2*black, right2* clear. top ones thick, bottom ones thin:
1644236731116.png

See how also the thick version has a rectangular cross section, vs oval for the smaller sleeve?

Angled black sleeve: Engine compartment uses 4 for horn connectors, + 5 for a carb harness, possibly also 2 for indicator lights, and 2 for unidentified ones:
Not sure if still available, but i'll ask.

1644237028817.png

block connector; single: 11 in total in my car: 5 on electrical window harness (also for my car which has just electric rears, the wires to the front windows run tot the lower A-pillar and end up in such a connector each). 3 on engine harness (carbed engine that is). 2 on the large interior+trunk harness. 1 on the short harness that sits above the steering column. *THESE ARE STILL AVAILABLE; confirmed by HSU Feb 2022*
1644229488494.png

Double connectors are also available from HSU, but I'm not sure if/where used on our cars. None were in my car, but @NWDBayArea has one in his pics, so they must have been used in some versions. (Edit Feb10th, 2022: correction; I do have one in my car; It's on top of the brake booster, containing only a single wire connection to my automatic gearbox). If you need any, let me know. *THESE ARE STILL AVAILABLE; confirmed by HSU Feb 2022*

Triple and 5-lead version are not being produced anymore acc HSU-KG. My car has one 3 and one 5-lead version:
1644229502035.png
1644230853386.png

Is there any interest in blocks of more then 2 connectors? if so, then I could ask if HSU has *any* block with more then 3, so we can cut it down to either 3 or 5 as needed.
positive aspect is that you can use the cut-offs as single or double connectors.
(I personally do not have a need for them, but happy to order them for forum members.
Mind you, minimum order quantity is 100 pcs and will cost ~20 euro for 100pcs of 4-lead and ~60 euro for 100 pcs of 12-lead rectangular connectors ! )

Attachments

• 1644229464534.png
    1644229464534.png
    228.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 1644230735361.png
    1644230735361.png
    118.6 KB · Views: 82
  • 1644231320710.png
    1644231320710.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Another type of connector from HSU is on my carb harness; 2 of them. This one is however not stocked by HSU anymore, so i won't be ordering this one.
If your looking for one, my only suggestion would be to cannibalize another e3/e9.
25 mm long, rectangular cross section, for 6.3 female spade connector.
1644238054320.png

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Erik for summary and your willingness for bulk order.

I think HSU is not producing 3 or 4-way but the row of some higher number which can be cut into pieces. Does it mean they only have single type?

It is visible they've been cut/broken from the row
1644252742055.png

This is important for me to understand before summary from my side.

NWDBayArea

Reaction score
Well, I can count them in my car exactly but it wil be different i think in other cars due to options:
From my mind (I.will update later on with an exact count):
My car is a carbed, May 73 Automatic 3.0, swiss delivered so with internal fog light:

- 2 single ones are taped to the harness as they are empty.
- I have a 5 and 3 version at the fuse box.
- I have have 2 singles at each bottom of A- pillar for front Windows, even through i have manual.
- A double one on the brake booster structure, I think for Automatic connections.
- 1 single on the tiny harness to the steering column.

No clue how this will look for e.g. a injected car or one with fixed rear windows.
In addition, I believe there are two singles in the trunk (one by the light switch and another under the floor near the spare tire) and an additional single attaching the hood light harness. However, you might heave been referring to those as the empty singles and in that case this is repetitive.

I also have a set of doubles (not singles) near the A-pillar by the kick panels (the connection point for the window motor harness in the driver and passenger doors).

There will be an additional set of doubles if you have a seatbelt indicator on your dash

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks Erik for summary and your willingness for bulk order.

I think HSU is not producing 3 or 4-way but the row of some higher number which can be cut into pieces. Does it mean they only have single type?

It is visible they've been cut/broken from the row
View attachment 135661

This is important for me to understand before summary from my side.
I only know that today they at least sell singe and double. They do not have 3 and 5. I did not ask about sets with 4, 6 or higher, so they may still have those. I will ask them.
If they do have >6 -wire version, we of course could buy a 12-wire version, and cut into a 5, 3 and 2 doubles (for instance). But for purists, they have numbers on them.... a 3-wire one has 1-2-3 on them....if you have it reading 10-11-12 then well... I couldn't sleep :)