Wiring Question

ChasC

Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_0506.jpeg
IMG_0507.jpeg
IMG_0505.jpeg
IMG_0503.jpeg

The prism light does not have power going to it, but if I put power to it, it does light up; so the bulb is good and the ground to the chases is good.

My question is, what wire (color, source, other description) is the correct power source. It needs to be a power source that is not always on. Thinking maybe only when the key is in the ignition and the car is not started? Maybe the lights are on too??? I don't know. But the red wire with the white stripe, that is not connected to anything, if I connect it to the prism light, it lights up, but stays on even with the key removed and the lights off and the door is closed ....

Prisma goes on when the parking lights/head lights go on so check that. Do you have a blue/white wire in there?

Prisma goes on when the parking lights/head lights go on so check that. Do you have a blue/white wire in there?
Thank you for that information, will help me figure this out. No, no blue/white wire; just a red/white (power always on) and a brown/red wire that seems to be a ground. ... Though the wire going to the horn maybe incorrect!! The red/white makes sense going to the horn (always powered on), wondering if the wire that is connected to the horn could be it!! Will hav to check this out!!

Horn is not always on, it requires the key so that's not correct either, unless it was an early car "feature."

I can’t imagine what that wire is for all the way up the steering column? It is the same wire color as the interior & trunk lights - which is why I thought it might be for the prism light too.

Last edited:
Is the seat belt buzzer located in the steering wheel column and takes power even when the car is off?

What does it look like?

Small silver can that looks like a relay and fits in the upper steering column cover, has an L shaped bracket on it for a mount.

There used to be an easy to find wiring schematic on this website- maybe someone will volunteer on how to find it for you. It shows the wire, the source, the color, the gauge. If you want a 17” x 36” schematic in print - LMK

You don’t mean here do you? lol

There used to be an easy to find wiring schematic on this website- maybe someone will volunteer on how to find it for you. It shows the wire, the source, the color, the gauge. If you want a 17” x 36” schematic in print - LMK
I would totally take a 17 x 36 print out!! If you are serious.

You don’t mean here do you? lol

Wow - this is amazing detail and information

I posted a pic of my buzzer before I yanked it so a search might turn it up. Isn’t it a key reminder buzzer? I forgot.

Here are all of the 2800cs wiring diagrams

Attachments

• 2800cs - comfort wiring2b549120.png
    2800cs - comfort wiring2b549120.png
    352.1 KB · Views: 69
  • 2800cs - signal wiring560180e8.png
    2800cs - signal wiring560180e8.png
    403.8 KB · Views: 70
  • 2800 cs - wiring diagrams.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 59
Dont forget to use the "Media" menu on the forum header, lots of organized images which are invaluable.

Download the pics and forward in a email to office max- they will print out for you.
Save time and money.

or- send me your email, I will forward to you and you forward to them.

they won’t print til you get there.

Back