Wisconsin Vintage Attendees?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a proposition for you (not that kind..)...I have a 58 Austin Healey convertible top frame that I cant seem to ship economically to Sparta, WI...would pay $50? for gas to take home to WI, and gentleman would collect frame from you there. I know this is a stretch, but $200+ to ship a $100 vintage part wont work. Will fit in back seat of a 2002, so assume other larger cars also. About 49"x 31"...about 11 lbs...Will wrap spic and span...Appreciate any consideration. Drop me a PM/DM and we can discuss.

Attachments

• 0442,0443 AH sft top frame.jpg
    0442,0443 AH sft top frame.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 46

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Dave,
Very cool idea, and I'd be happy to transport it "IF" we go. Unfortunately, it seems unlikely that we'll be able to take Stuart down there this year as I've been completely overwhelmed with work, leaving little time for fun car stuff. If we decide to punt and go last minute - and if you haven't found anyone yet - I will have a back seat for you.
Stephen
20230423-rear fog.jpg

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Very much appreciate it...we'll see.
Know what you mean about work...hoping to take a car, but both need attention and not sure if there is time...Might be the Volvo wagon AGAIN. Starting to get the Vintage vibe going either way. Its so surreal; so many great folks and cars. Many lies to be told as well :)
Thanks, Dave V.

dbower

Reaction score
I have a proposition for you (not that kind..)...I have a 58 Austin Healey convertible top frame that I cant seem to ship economically to Sparta, WI...would pay $50? for gas to take home to WI, and gentleman would collect frame from you there. I know this is a stretch, but $200+ to ship a $100 vintage part wont work. Will fit in back seat of a 2002, so assume other larger cars also. About 49"x 31"...about 11 lbs...Will wrap spic and span...Appreciate any consideration. Drop me a PM/DM and we can discuss.
Dave: if you haven't already, post this on 2002FAQ too.

Don

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks, Don...Great idea; I did just that. Gonna also post on the Vintage on Facebook. Like to help the guy out...So much help on this forum and the 02 forum over the years, feel like I have to try to help the guy. Hope to see you in ten days or so. Hope the weather is like tomorrow...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dave,
I re-posted your faq post in a thread specifically about The Vintage. Hoping the double coverage may get more legs.
Stephen

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
One more suggestion: Given where Sparta is located, you might get luckier with Minnesotans making a drive south and back who'd be willing to make a short detour off of I-94. Not sure there's many headed for The Vintage, but if there's a way to reach someone more geographically... Also, I'd be happy to be a leg in this shipment from suburban Chicago to Madison, since I make that run fairly often. But you probably don't need the extra worry of multiple handoffs...

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
One more suggestion: Given where Sparta is located, you might get luckier with Minnesotans making a drive south and back who'd be willing to make a short detour off of I-94. Not sure there's many headed for The Vintage, but if there's a way to reach someone more geographically... Also, I'd be happy to be a leg in this shipment from suburban Chicago to Madison, since I make that run fairly often. But you probably don't need the extra worry of multiple handoffs...
If you were to get it back to Chicago, I am sure we could find a moment to come to Chicago to get it and bring it up to Milwaukee for Sparta guy to retrieve. I can't recall how far Clarendon Hills is from Chicago proper.

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you were to get it back to Chicago, I am sure we could find a moment to come to Chicago to get it and bring it up to Milwaukee for Sparta guy to retrieve. I can't recall how far Clarendon Hills is from Chicago proper.
West Suburbs, but I'm pretty mobile. I usually run into Luis at Fuelfed events, so I'm sure he could also get it to Milwaukee. But I could also get it to Madison, which would make Sparta only two hours away. Of course, this all depends on someone getting it to Chicagoland.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Good point on the MN aspect....and thanks for all of the offers of help so far.
UPDATE.....May have an 02 guy that can get it to chicago..

Last edited:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
West Suburbs, but I'm pretty mobile. I usually run into Luis at Fuelfed events, so I'm sure he could also get it to Milwaukee. But I could also get it to Madison, which would make Sparta only two hours away. Of course, this all depends on someone getting it to Chicagoland.
If you can get it to Madison, the buyer said he could make that work. I'll have to get (in the process..) his info, and yours...I have an 02 guy that will be able to get the frame to Chicago from the Vintage...and I'll learn where he is in Chicago exactly, soon. The buyer has now paid me, so I'm now on the hook!
Thanks for the offer, again.
Dave V.