Wood dash kit on EBay

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh, oh,

on the one hand he has the grab bar in wood just as the uk version
then he made an upper steering wheel cover
and he placed also wood in the horizontal dash piece that is usually in black vinyl
and finally added two gauges in the front dash displacing the speaker grille

too much red wood, maybe ?

youcan get the kind of decorative taste involved by the aspect of the house you can see around

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
and finally added two gauges in the front dash displacing the speaker grille

It looks that the two openings in the middle of the dash are really big - like in 2000cs for vent channels not for VDO-like gauges.

Also speaker grill/opening is moved more on the right which will look far from original.

But also so much gloss can be a problem as a lot of reflection will appear from the dash and other shiny parts in the windshield which can be even dangerous (for sure not in-line with newly produced car type approval requirements and other regulations)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
way too much of a gloss sheen on that finish. i was thinking the same thing on 2000cs. on the other hand, it would be good for a coupe to have a/c grilles out of the dash. in that case i would do a speaker delete. the curve on the passenger side seems way too big - doesn't look lie it would fit.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
...and no ashtray cutout on the doors seems to confirm the 2000 thoughts. I guess that's the steering wheel cover piece on the far left?

Last edited:

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen all of this wood on an E9 ??

Yes it is for E9 but it for 2000cs not for 3.0cs If you are looking for wood trim for 3.0cs I do have them it is like new all are new wood wiener and polished up.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
way too much of a gloss sheen on that finish. i was thinking the same thing on 2000cs. on the other hand, it would be good for a coupe to have a/c grilles out of the dash. in that case i would do a speaker delete. the curve on the passenger side seems way too big - doesn't look lie it would fit.
on 3.0cs there is no room to run duct up to front of dash

Wes

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Yes it is for E9 but it for 2000cs not for 3.0cs If you are looking for wood trim for 3.0cs I do have them it is like new all are new wood wiener and polished up.

Am I the only one disturbed by the prospect of receiving a polished wood wiener :D