Workshop / Fabrication day in Petaluma, CA on Saturday, April 9

tygaboy

Reaction score
If I've posted in the wrong area, apologies. Admins, please move this?

Hi all - Every so often, I host a workshop/fab day at my home shop in Petaluma. I'm fortunate to have a pretty complete metal fab shop at my place and this is a chance for me to, in some small way, give back to the communities that have helped me. Essentially, it's a chance for folks who may need some help with a small welding job or need a custom part fabricated to get a bit of help, have access to some tools they might not have, etc. There's no cost involved. Well, unless you wanted something like a 4'x4' piece of sheet metal, I'd ask you to cover that... If you do need material, let me know and I can likely source it.
Again, just my way of trying to pay it forward.

I'm pretty active in the Porsche 914 world so posted all the details here on the 914 World forum:

Most attendees end up hanging out and watching the few who are looking to get some stuff done. There'll be some cool cars to check out - assuming you're OK with Porsches! I thought it'd be fun to see if we could pull off a "when worlds collide" and get a couple E9s and their owners to show!

So, if any of you are local to Petaluma and could use some help with something metal, or if you just want to meet other like-minded car folks, check this out and feel free to message me for more info.

List of available tools:
CNC plasma table: if you have a drawing or specs, I can get it into CAD and cut your part. My machine is good for up to about 3/8" material. Contact me so I can understand your needs.
Fixture table: It's hip to be square!
Tubing bender: Who wants a roll cage?
Hydraulic press: No pressure? Hell, YES pressure!
Tubing notcher
TIG welder
MIG welder
Hand held spot welder
Band saws
Roll bender with nice selection of dies
Knockout punches
Dimple dies
Bead roller
Shrinker/Stretcher
English wheel
Complete assortment of wiring tools
A fair bit of automotive wire
Basic electronic testing capabilities
All the basic hand/pneumatic tools you'd expect

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Very kind of you to offer this to the forum. If I was local I would be there for sure.

BTW - I know this is obscure but EVERY time I read the name Petaluma I think if this:

E1EAC0CC-403A-4D79-B976-7E4277857C4E.jpeg

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
It'd make a great tv reality show...probably take three semi-tractor trailers to haul all the machinery from city to city for folks to fulfill their metalurgical aspirations/dreams...a new wing for an old Aston Martin on the English wheel in Boston, a new moly-something frame for a Formula Vee in Birmingham, roll-cage for an e9 in Wichita, crash repair for an Alfa Giulia in Santa Fe...and back to Petaluma in time for wrist-wrestling championships...(for those of you old enough to remember Chris Schenkel/Jim McKay and ABC's Wide World of Sports...)
Seriously_____Generous of you to make this offer for folks. Wish I was closer. I guess there's Youtube...

tygaboy

Reaction score
It'd make a great tv reality show...probably take three semi-tractor trailers to haul all the machinery from city to city for folks to fulfill their metalurgical aspirations/dreams...a new wing for an old Aston Martin on the English wheel in Boston, a new moly-something frame for a Formula Vee in Birmingham, roll-cage for an e9 in Wichita, crash repair for an Alfa Giulia in Santa Fe...and back to Petaluma in time for wrist-wrestling championships...(for those of you old enough to remember Chris Schenkel/Jim McKay and ABC's Wide World of Sports...)
Seriously_____Generous of you to make this offer for folks. Wish I was closer. I guess there's Youtube...
@dave v. in nc Dave, We'll post pics/video on the 914 World thread and I'll do the same here. BTW, a buddy of mine was talking about setting up a mobile fab shop and doing essentially what you're talking about.

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I can attest to Chris’s incredible talents, both as a fabricator and as a human being. He has helped me tremendously on some project for my car which will be revealed later on. We are lucky to count him as a member of the E9 community

Attachments

• 107311C8-F204-46F6-BDCC-2ECDB2E291C2.jpeg
    107311C8-F204-46F6-BDCC-2ECDB2E291C2.jpeg
    343.3 KB · Views: 101