Would like some advice on this CSi

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I see a consensus one: Arnie gets it. I would add the wood and the four speaker grills diminish the value in my eyes. Not impressed by the relatively small price cut on a car like this. And go back and read my snarky comment. oneills

Bwana

Reaction score
A couple of questions since we can refer back to the car from this post, at least for a little while

1) Where can I get the little chrome buttons that go into holes in the front bumper where the license plate used to go?

2) How can I refinish my aircleaner to look similar to the one for sale in the ebay link? Mine appears to have some melted looking spots on the top. Can I sand this plastic? Are new ones available?

P1170007.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Take a paint thickness gauge and go all over it, it will tell you if too much bondo was used under the paint. Maybe Stan knows this coupe, it has a Saratoga 2013 flyer in trunk. If it checks out with no issues it's probably worth asking amount but it has been for sale for quite a while so a discount is in order.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Bwana,

1) Ace Hardware
2) it's metal and should be grey like yours, have it media blasted and powder coated with RAL 7022, it's the closest match we've found in a standard color. Or for an additional fee any powder coater can match the original.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
This coupe was registered by a Roger Jones in Wyndmore, Penn in 2011 and his contact info is available so I would give him a call and see what he can share.

stardoc

Reaction score
thanks for the advice guys and private messages . I'll be checking it out this weekend. The overt use of the black undercoating in a few places is a little worrisome.

Lotuss7

Site Donor
Reaction score
As these odometers roll over would also look for documentation on mileage. No concrete indication but seat wear and pedal wear can tell a story. (Although brake, throttle and clutch pads may hav been replaced, another tell...)

Up there in price. Be good to know the full story behind the vehicle.

LarryE9E10

Reaction score
little chrome hole plugs

I'm thinking this is Roger Jones' old car. If so, I bought him the chrome plugs to fill the license plate holes. (He had 4 holes, as both European and U.S. plates were fitted at various times.) Believe it or not, I got ones that fit perfectly at a True Value hardware store. In the nuts & bolts section, there are trays of chrome plugs. Just have to pick the right diameter plug for your hole size. Cost around 40 cents each. Small investment, large visual improvement.

stardoc

Reaction score
It is Roger Jones' car. I managed get in touch with Roger, who is a super nice guy. Got some history on the car, and he tells me that he still regrets selling her.
I'll be checking the car out this weekend and report back.

12doplumbing

Reaction score
Really interested to hear what your decision was and what you paid. I think when I was looking earlier this year, $45,000 got me a rust free clean interior and nice paint job ... So, a motor to restore or swap. Just like this one.

stardoc

Reaction score
I checked it out yesterday. The paint quality is not the greatest and it needs some work. I'm thinking about an offer but obviously $58k is quite high.