WOW! Kent, WA Estate Sale; Barn Find 2000C/CS

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
feeding frenzy, lots of interest ... sounds like sharks are in the water and just waiting for people to come wading in. there are some things that just have to be bought because they are never available. then there's the rest of the stuff. the collection of webers is the former, along with several other items. the 2002 / e30 crowd is going to go after webers and wheels that fit their cars.

shame the closed lug alpinas are 17" x 9" - too big for a coupe

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thank you Scott. I believe you guys are right. Probably not worth the hassle unless you happen to be there in person to scoop up the unlikely good deal.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Actually, there is an extra wood dash on the concrete floor with some vents, a rear trim pc, and other stuff piled on top...last pic before the carbs...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Perhaps Markos is parting with some stuff but using an alias so his reputation stays untarnished?

LOL! I have a two car garage that has two cars in it, so my hoard isn’t as extensive as one might think. However, I am renting a trailer on Thursday to pickup and move parts that are stashed at friends.

As far as the auction goes....I’m having a friend keep an eye out for a set of italian DCOE/M 45’s. Now that I have a B35, I want bigger drinking straws! :D If nothing comes of it spanish 40’s with bigger chokes should be just fine.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I ended up passing on this... Too many oars in the water already with things and I didn't need another diversion.
That and as much fun as it would have been to go for just to look, I have TOO much stuff as it is already. LOL

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Nope, not an auction at all.

whatever is NOT priced, you can haggle some. Nothing crazy otherwise they'll throw you out, but I haven't seen that.

I picked up a Getrag 265, 245, and some mirrors.

He had like 8 245 trans. Tons of heads/engine, etc.

Not much interior/exterior stuff for 2002s/E9s. And the E9 parts he had were all for 2000CS. Not 2800CS/3.0CS.

Tons of rear ends. The way they were packed in there, it'd take forever find an LSD one.

Lots of wheels, but nothing I'd buy. I'm going back there Saturday to see if I can haggle way down on what's left. I'm sure they dont want to move most of that stuff to a warehouse.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i heard the BBS RS were priced very reasonably but not worth buying - rough at best. glad you got a few things worthwhile ... you can bet that somebody will go thru the pile and find the LS diffs and they will be gone ... but who knows.

good luck
scott

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
As far as the auction goes....I’m having a friend keep an eye out for a set of italian DCOE/M 45’s. Now that I have a B35, I want bigger drinking straws! :D If nothing comes of it spanish 40’s with bigger chokes should be just fine.

Just in case those 42DCOE’s go unappreciated,tell your friend I’d pay $1200 for a matched set of three (plus packing/shipping and $50 for his trouble).

John

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Since I just sent a gentleman a PM on the 2002faq, I guess that I figured out that Teahead is RK?...yes? Glad you had a good outing at the sale. Wish I was there spending money that I don't have...:)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Just in case those 42DCOE’s go unappreciated,tell your friend I’d pay $1200 for a matched set of three (plus packing/shipping and $50 for his trouble).

John

He wanted $750 each for the 42’s. The 45’s were only $250 which is a good deal, but he only had one.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
yikes on the 42's wonder how much for the 40's. not that i really care because i'm doing injection

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Went there again today.

PIcked up 3 more 265 trans/bellhousings, E21 banana intake system, and 2002 non-Tii strut housings.

Not bad for $500

No more 245s for the 02 guys (met dood there that I think grabbed the last one).

Tons of four-speeds and open diffs. BLah.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Went there again today.

PIcked up 3 more 265 trans/bellhousings, E21 banana intake system, and 2002 non-Tii strut housings.

Not bad for $500

No more 245s for the 02 guys (met dood there that I think grabbed the last one).

Tons of four-speeds and open diffs. BLah.

Flipper’s gonna flip....