Wow... really? No e9's for Sharkfest?

xing6666

Reaction score
Why no e9's for Sharkfest?

Hey guys!

Since opening registration last week, we've taken nearly 50 registrations for Southeast Sharkfest. I have to say, though, I'm really disappointed that as of yet, we don't have even one e9 registered. I was hoping that opening a class up for judging might entice some folks to want to join, but aside from that and a welcome with open arms, I'm not sure what to do? :?:

I'd sure love to have some of you folks join us this year, but if not, I'm certainly open to suggestions as to how to better incorporate the CS chassis. just let me know - if you don't feel comfortable posting it publicly, I'm all ears at [email protected].

Cheers!

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Its possible that all the coupes that haven't rusted away are on the west coast...

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
naaaah ... there's a dozen or so right here in atlanta. but its between amelia island and the vintage. the good news about sharkfest is that its the closest.

since my coupe won't be ready for amelia, i will try to get to sharkfest. Don Bower + Gary Beck ... what about you? its the beginning of May

xing6666

Reaction score
And what is this registration website ?? :?:

Sorry! www.bmwsharkfest.org

Its possible that all the coupes that haven't rusted away are on the west coast...

LOL... no way, there are plenty over here on the left...

....the good news about sharkfest is that its the closest.

We've got folks from Canada and TX so if you're closer than that, no excuses! :) I do realize that the event is kinda close to the Vintage, though. Hey, what can I say? Good weather around that time... :)

I should also mention, we have had a smattering of REALLY cool CS's over the years - just never all at once. I really would like to change that.

Last edited:

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Ok. Made it to cars and coffee in Greenville yesterday so I guess I have no excuse. And, if I'm the only E9 I guess that makes me a lock for best in class!

Is there a more detailed schedule for Friday and Saturday? I will have two small kids in tow so that complicates things a little. Please keep me posted on any dinner plans on Thursday and Friday [email protected].

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I wanted to go but delayed my engine rebuild to go to Amelia. I even signed up on the website so I would get the notices.
When I get back it's get out of my way so I can finish my rebuild in time to make it to The Vintage.
We took the Coupe and the M5 last year and hope to do so again.

If for any chance I finish my rebuild by May then I will certainly try to come.
I have had two other friends, Tat with the Green M6 and George with the spotless 850 CSI bugging me to go.

Gary

xing6666

Reaction score
We took the Coupe and the M5 last year and hope to do so again.

...Tat with the Green M6 and George with the spotless 850 CSI bugging me to go.
Gary

I'm glad Tat and George are doing their best to recruit... :)

You know, you could bring the M5 if you just want to come have a good time. The SESF philosophy has always been one of inclusion - if you love big coupes, show up in whatever you can. You won't in a judged class, true, but I'd like to think it's worth the trip, no matter what you drive.

Below was our best non-coupe participant... like I said, come join in the spirit of Coupeness... :)

sesfsubaru.JPG

xing6666

Reaction score
Ok. Made it to cars and coffee in Greenville yesterday so I guess I have no excuse. And, if I'm the only E9 I guess that makes me a lock for best in class!

Is there a more detailed schedule for Friday and Saturday? I will have two small kids in tow so that complicates things a little. Please keep me posted on any dinner plans on Thursday and Friday [email protected].

We will have a detailed itinerary as we get a little bit closer. That being said, our Thursday night dinner location is Cribbs on Main in downtown Spartanburg. Friday not confirmed. Saturday will be at Zentrum.

Are you signed up on the website? That will be your way to ensure you don't miss any updates!

RogerB

Reaction score
naaaah ... there's a dozen or so right here in atlanta. but its between amelia island and the vintage. the good news about sharkfest is that its the closest.

since my coupe won't be ready for amelia, i will try to get to sharkfest. Don Bower + Gary Beck ... what about you? its the beginning of May

If you get four and need a fifth to make a class, I'll be it. I'm just not registering till there is a confirmed class. RB

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Roger,

if you will be there, i will be there ... what about George (bimmerbud) and drccm1122, captaindigme, john barrett and chris woodward?

lets get the atlanta coupe group up there.
scott

xing6666

Reaction score
Roger,

if you will be there, i will be there ... what about George (bimmerbud) and drccm1122, captaindigme, john barrett and chris woodward?

lets get the atlanta coupe group up there.
scott

Please! I know there are CS's locally, there's no reason we shouldn't have you guys there. Think of it - the whole lineage of BMW's big coupes from the 60's through the 90's!

A registration option that does not include dinner might prove a popular choice.

I can definitely appreciate what you're saying here. To give you some insight into the philosophy of our event: The idea has always been to make it a bit of an annual family gathering... not just a car show. We have a lot of people who look forward to spending a few days with friends every year. A lot of time and effort goes into making this three-day event happen - and if you're there for three days, $80 really isn't very much money. We work REALLY hard to keep costs down while simultaneously adding as much value to the event as possible. The event doesn't operate with much of a surplus at all, year to year and let's just say if we (the organizers) were doing this for a living, we would be eating ramen out of a cardboard box. :grin:

That being said. if you are local, and aren't planning on spending time with the group, I can totally understand that $80 might seem like a lot for a day trip. The catch 22 is if you don't stay for dinner, you miss the awards ceremony. :)

thehackmechanic

Reaction score
I'd drive, but...

...my E9 drove through 500 miles of drenching soaking rain on the way to The Vintage last year. It still gives me dirty looks every time I walk into the garage.

dbower

Reaction score
I was hoping to be there but you-know-who has determined that we will be attending a wedding that Saturday.

Re John Barrett: I was ogling his bright red Allard J2X in the shop today. That man defines "eclectic collector." And even better, he drives them.

Don