Wrecked 74 3.0CS Polaris Auction

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
What's crazy is how a light hit like that can total one of these. My coupe had a hit that was less than that in the early 90's, and has a branded title as a result.

Stupid welded in fenders. :evil:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Fresh coolant in the expansion tank, what could go wrong?

(Arde, I know you have a better retort that mine)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks neglected before the accident. No rust though, should be saved.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
distributor looks new
The expansion tank looks like it has windshield washer fluid in it.
If this is in southern CA, I think I say it on a flatbed on I10 about a year ago.

aeronotix

Reaction score
I have a set of '74 impact bumpers if needed

In case someone is interested in installing a front & rear impact bumpers, my '74CS was converted with older chrome bumpers but kept the original ones.
Email me if interested.
Thanks,
Stephane.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Says $10,000 minimum bid. They're dreamin'....

I bet you someone buys it for $10K. For th free right buyer that doesn't care about the title, it's still not a bum deal. The sheet metal can be had new for $2K, and bumpers are $400 to $1600 depending on if you go used it new. If someone can do the work, it's still not terrible. I think $7K is good and $8K is fair. I was guessing $8K until you mentioned the minimum bid.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
30K if you fixed it yourself, 90K if someone else did (including the interior etc.). then let's add 6K for the conversion to a 5 speed. Better turn-key cars out there for much less IMHO. Also, depending on your situation divorce could cost allot more. Add it all together and you could buy a matching his n' hers and go home happy :)

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not this again Peter. Your standard of complete may differ from others. Also, your definition of DIY likely differs from someone like Gransin, who is going 40K worth of body surgery himself. If someone is looking for a turnkey show at, this clearly isn't the right vehicle. I plan to do most of my work, and a $10K entry barrier with that much work would have been too high for me.

italiangerman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cant quite make it out from the pic, but looks like this car may be sporting original alpinas, likely 14 x 6 rather than 14 x 7 if OEM since it is not a CSL. True?
If 14 x 7 OEM I sure would like to locate a set.

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Cant quite make it out from the pic, but looks like this car may be sporting original alpinas, likely 14 x 6 rather than 14 x 7 if OEM since it is not a CSL. True?
If 14 x 7 OEM I sure would like to locate a set.

More likely the common turbine style wheels seen on a lot of later cars.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
More likely the common turbine style wheels seen on a lot of later cars.

They aren't turbines. They are the factory fps 20 spokes that came on the mid 70's E9's. They look a lot closer to Alpina than turbines do. They come in 14x6 and 14x7. The lips are still shallow on the 7" version.