WTB - 14x7 Alpina wheel

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I would like to buy a 14x7 Alpina to use as a spare on my 73 CSi. Preferably an original 5 hole CSL wheel as the four road wheels are 5 hole 1973 date stamped wheels. I don't mind if the wheel needs work.

Many thanks for any help/info.

Please pm me or email me direct at [email protected]

IMG_1487.JPG

Last edited:

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Compliments of the season everyone!

In my search for a 14 x 7 Alpina spare for the CSi, I ended up buying a matched set of 14 x 7 CSL wheels from our friend Keshav in Germany. All four wheels are dated 8/72, so I really think they deserve to be kept together as a set. That being the case, my search for a single 14 x 7 CSL Alpina continues!

Perhaps I need to start searching for an August 72 CSL to go with Keshav's Alpinas :D

122218dm1.jpg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Dan,

As mentioned I have a set of five “five hole” Alpinas. I’ll check the date code on them. I’m not opposed to having four professionally refinished instead of five. You don’t want to end up with three sets (or do you? :D).

I’m having them stripped first so so don’t lose
the logo.
BBBB24FB-0814-40CF-A332-22BFB9E45B73.jpeg

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I now have 13 genuine Alpina 14 x 7 wheels in hand, all dated 1972 or 1973 :rolleyes: My latest plan is to restore the 4 date matched (8/72) wheels I received from Keshav for the CSL, and use one of the existing CSL wheels (dated 7/72) as the spare. I will then pick the 5 closest matched (date-wise) wheels and refinish them for the CSi. That will leave me with 3 left over wheels that I will either sell or keep 'just in case'.

In any event, I appear to have all the Alpinas I need, at least for the time being :D

Mario L.

Reaction score
I am in the need for one wheel to complete a CSL restoration, this is the only piece I need to deliver the car, would you be willing to sell one wheel? Given the choice I prefer a 1973 date.

Mario L.
VSR1.com
603-228-2888

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am in the need for one wheel to complete a CSL restoration, this is the only piece I need to deliver the car, would you be willing to sell one wheel? Given the choice I prefer a 1973 date.

Mario L.
VSR1.com
603-228-2888

Hi Mario, Happy New Year to you.
At this time I do not have one that I would sell. If you reach out to Markos (see posting above) I believe he may have on that might work for you.
Cheers!
Dan

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I’m going to keep the five together. The four are 8/72 and the spare is 7/72.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I currently have what looks like BBS wheels. What came stock in a 72 csi? And is anyone selling a set.

As far as I know a ‘72 CSI had the same 5 spoke FPS slotted alloys as the 3.0CS. I believe that the 20 spoke FPS alloys (alpina clones) arrived in MY 73 (definitely by 74). Realoem sucks and doesn’t say unless you plug in the part number. It just shows the picture both wheel styles with a single part number. 7x14 Alpinas only came on the CSL. There were also optional BBS Mahle’s (or perhaps just mahles) for the CSL, but I doubt that is what you have.

Last edited:

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those are nice too. It boils down to what you like. Your’s look like they are 7x14 Mahle BBS (but there are some other ones quite similar too) which is an ideal size with 205’s where as the ‘originals’ are 6x14 with 195’s, it’s all about personal preference.
Have you considered adding a black foil under the fender grill? W/N has them but are easy to make yourself.
F0516B5D-9B08-4375-87B2-026841741894.png

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Those are nice too. It boils down to what you like. Your’s look like they are 7x14 Mahle BBS (but there are some other ones quite similar too) which is an ideal size with 205’s where as the ‘originals’ are 6x14 with 195’s, it’s all about personal preference.
Have you considered adding a black foil under the fender grill? W/N has them but are easy to make yourself.
View attachment 59109
I actually like the reproduction Alpinas that or that style of wheel. Just not sure I want to drop $2,000 when I’m selling the car in the spring. But I do want the car to look it’s best, and exploring the right options.

Is the black backing the original look?