WTB - 14x7 Alpina wheel

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What’s FPS?

F P S is a brand name, Fratelli Pedrini Sarezzo S.P.A.
479D83F5-D76A-4DF6-9527-C368A930102E.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
So what is a fair price to pay for a set of pre owned stock wheels that came on a 72 CSI, pre-owned set of reproduction wheels, and a set of new ones?

I think $300 is fair for a set in origional condition with little-to-no curb rash. You have to drive like an idiot to get curb rash on a 14" wheel. All wheels regardless of size cost $150 - $200 per set to restore. So if you can find a refinished set for $600 you are doing great. There are several folks on the forum that have spare sets of these. Keep in mind that the e9 FPS 20 spoke wheel is a 14x6. You can buy new 14x7 Alpinas (made by BBS) from W&N for around $400 each I believe. FPS also made a 14x7" version of the 20 spoke wheel that was available as an option on early e24's. All of these wheels have ten holes on the lug face, unlike what @Dan Mooney was looking for.

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My take, spend the money on sprucing your current rims. Have the centers painted Polaris and the lips polished and replace the BMW wheel cap decals, available brand new from W/N. If you do go that route, change the stems to metal ones
A00D15DA-8C42-4C64-B5A1-EC0358E3BDA5.jpeg

Last edited:

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think Keshav's advice is pretty solid....otherwise, kinda like adding a swimming pool to sell a house. And then let the new buyer make the T&P decision. But again, what ever makes you happy.

Mal CSL 3.0

Site Donor
Reaction score
Can someone advise what a full set (5) matching genuine "72 stamped CSL Alpina rims in 9/10 condition with original metal BMW centre caps would be worth?

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wow Mal,
Now that’s a special set, if all 5 rims have the same month and year and are in super shape, they alone (without tyres) should be worth 2000€+.
I wouldn’t sell them for less, but that’s only my opinion.

shorton540

BMW Cross member
Site Donor
Reaction score
D6A30E6C-EA13-43EF-A9AB-5615D10DBE9E.jpeg
I have four of these FPS that I haven’t cleaned up yet to sell. As you can see, they are 6Jx14. I can take better pics if you’re interested.
-Sean

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Can someone advise what a full set (5) matching genuine "72 stamped CSL Alpina rims in 9/10 condition with original metal BMW centre caps would be worth?
Wow Mal,
Now that’s a special set, if all 5 rims have the same month and year and are in super shape, they alone (without tyres) should be worth 2000€+.
I wouldn’t sell them for less, but that’s only my opinion.
View attachment 59128 I have four of these FPS that I haven’t cleaned up yet to sell. As you can see, they are 6Jx14. I can take better pics if you’re interested.
-Sean
what did they come off of? And $?

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I agree Dave, I’m just going to paint the Pergola :)

Rex, after seeing you and your car this weekend, your wheels are the BBS Mahle and they are in not bad shape. Mahles when restored are nice wheels and are increasing in value. If you do restore your set I used Linco in Anaheim to strip my set of Mahles. After stripping them I Then had the lips polished and re did the centers in Hyper Silver. They are good wheels.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Rex, after seeing you and your car this weekend, your wheels are the BBS Mahle and they are in not bad shape. Mahles when restored are nice wheels and are increasing in value. If you do restore your set I used Linco in Anaheim to strip my set of Mahles. After stripping them I Then had the lips polished and re did the centers in Hyper Silver. They are good wheels.
it was good Seeing you AJ. Done. That’s what I’m doing.

shorton540

BMW Cross member
Site Donor
Reaction score
35570B17-6A07-4DBA-97AE-54118A6EF375.jpeg F956D03C-EC2C-47A5-998A-1848DF91982C.jpeg
what did they come off of? And $?
My guess is they came off the 73 3.0S Bav above that I bought a couple weeks ago, which were swapped out for BBS Mahle or something like that (I haven’t had time to look closely). However, they also could have come off a 71 2800 Bavaria that I believe the previous owner parted out. As for price, $125 each plus shipping, and I think I have the BMW center cap “cylinders” also, but they aren’t in great condition. By the way, in my research I discovered that FPS stands for Fratelli Pedrini Sarezzo, the Italian wheel company that was a ubiquitous European wheel supplier.