WTB: 1972 CSL Scheel headrests

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
a rare item I know, but I need a pair of headrests for my Scheel bucket seats to complete my interior. Let me know if you can help.

My car is a 1972 RHD city-pack CSL

cheers

pat cooks

Reaction score
I need two, how hard are they to make? ................... need one to borrow to see, UK, Pat

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've had that thought also, nil points for originality, but it might be very cost effective

what kind of company would take this sort of thing on?

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I need two, how hard are they to make? ................... need one to borrow to see, UK, Pat

When I come down to see you soon, all depending on the weather , you can have a look at my headrests in the car

pat cooks

Reaction score
I make things, when I have time, the bike in my picture is a Matchless silver hawk, one of only 500 made in the early 1930's, that"restoration" started with an oil tank bought in error for a Matchless silver arrow, you do have to make or adapt parts when building a vehicle from parts and only 100 are known to survive, had to sell that one, HMRC got a bit upset with me, so I am building another, just need to live long enough........................ Pat

pat cooks

Reaction score
How many arms and legs does Barney want for them? by the time you have rechromed the stems and recovered the headrest not much original on show, unless you can find perfect used ones, if you do rush out and buy a lottery ticket................. Pat

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
I make things, when I have time, the bike in my picture is a Matchless silver hawk, one of only 500 made in the early 1930's, that"restoration" started with an oil tank bought in error for a Matchless silver arrow, you do have to make or adapt parts when building a vehicle from parts and only 100 are known to survive, had to sell that one, HMRC got a bit upset with me, so I am building another, just need to live long enough........................ Pat

very cool, I fix things but I've not yet graduated to making things!

count me in on any fabrication effort. I have a mortgage already and don't need another one

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
How many arms and legs does Barney want for them? by the time you have rechromed the stems and recovered the headrest not much original on show, unless you can find perfect used ones, if you do rush out and buy a lottery ticket................. Pat

I think barney was selling a pair for just over £300....

Drew20

Site Donor
Reaction score
Barney classic heroes price is nearer £400. For a new pair of headrests, apparently indistinguishable from original parts.

Not cheap, but I'm in for a pair

Call it a Christmas pressie.....

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
image.png
Does anyone happen to need a (1) 'banana' style Scheel headrest. Cloth is torn.
Pm me if interested.

Keshav

pat cooks

Reaction score
I will pass on it at the moment as I am not sure if the banana style were ever fitted to the UK csil,