WTB: 2800 / 3.0 CS or CSi - found.

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
A couple of members have suggested that I post what I am searching for, so thanks in advance for any information you pass along!

Model: 2800 or 3.0
Roof: While I prefer a slick top, a sunroof car will work!
Engine: Original or newer M30 is okay
Transmission: Manual
Other options preferred: Air conditioning, power windows
Color preferences:
  1. Blue (Nachtblau, Atlantic, Arctis, Baikal, Fjord, others?),
  2. Polaris silver
  3. Chamonix white: Not preferred, but not out of the running
  4. Green: Tundra, Agave (not sure this will fly with my wife though…

Condition:
Looking for a complete, solid car that we can drive and enjoy. Deferred maintenance and some repairs are fine, but we are not interested in a complete basket case or rusty project.

Not an important consideration, I am on the east coast of the US, but will arrange to inspect elsewhere including the EU.

Timing:
In the hunt now...stay tuned and thanks again for any leads you pass along!

Lance

Last edited:

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
A couple of members have suggested that I post what I am searching for, so thanks in advance for any information you pass along!

Model: 2800 or 3.0
Roof: While I prefer a slick top, a sunroof car will work!
Engine: Original or newer M30 is okay
Transmission: Manual
Other options preferred: Air conditioning, power windows
Color preferences:
  2. Polaris silver

Condition:
Looking for a complete, solid car that we can drive and enjoy. Deferred maintenance and some repairs are fine, but we are not interested in a complete basket case or rusty project.

Not an important consideration, I am on the east coast of the US, but will arrange to inspect elsewhere including the EU.

Timing:
In the hunt now...stay tuned and thanks again for any leads you pass along!

Lance

Hi Lance,

It would help to have an idea of what your budget is.

Thanks-

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Color preferences:
  2. Polaris silver
in section 1, add riviera ... what about some of the period correct colors? inka, colorado, golf, ceylon, turkis, taiga, verona ... the 'shouty', look at me colors

BBOY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Lance, I have one automatic for sale and it come with a 5 speed to install at a later day. I have a few pics here and anyone is welcome for questions and purchase. 20200226_154254.jpg20200226_143724.jpg20200226_153906.jpg20200226_143654.jpg20200226_143638.jpg20200226_143703.jpg20200226_154430.jpg20200226_154234.jpg20200226_154117.jpg20200226_153939.jpg20200226_154004.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
High risk for users looking to buy parts. If you post a WTB ad and someone contacts you via private message (Conversation) and they are a new user, BE AWARE OF SCAMS. They tell you they know someone that has the part and give you an email address to contact them. They'll show you what you want and take your money. CONTACT THE ADMINS IF YOU SUSPECT IT MAY BE A SCAM.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Agree with Chris, If you find a car here that you want to purchase be sure that the seller is a VERY frequent poster or is recommended by a seasoned member. There are some awesome deals out there but a PPI would be a must BEFORE any $$ changes hands. No harm intended BBoy.

BBOY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sorry Guys, I should have post it at coupe for sale session. In a few weeks I'll clean it up a bit and try to post it again if time permitted or I might put in the five speed and a new paint job. Will see.20181109_133426.jpg

Michael Kaye

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your suggestions and PM’s. I did find an e9 and made it mine. 1972 3.0cs, chamonix, manual transmission and in presentable shape, but as I have learned from watching all of you...the work is never done!

Congratulations and welcome to the club. Looking forward to seeing some pictures.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks to all for your suggestions and PM’s. I did find an e9 and made it mine. 1972 3.0cs, chamonix, manual transmission and in presentable shape, but as I have learned from watching all of you...the work is never done!
Tell us more about your coupe! Did you add it to the Registry?

boonies

Boonies
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Well, between projects and the weather it took a while to snap a few shots. Over the past two weeks I clay bared the car, polished (medium & fine) and put a couple of coats of wax on. Here she is, registered with year of manufacture plates (1972), and with a long list of projects that I am starting to buy parts for (see questions re. upholstery in the e9 general discussion). Thanks again for your advice along the way, some already received and I know more to come!

Lance

IMG_2650.JPG
IMG_2652.JPG
IMG_2653.JPG
IMG_2654.JPG
IMG_2658.JPG
IMG_2660.JPG
IMG_2662.JPG