WTB:'74 Front seat bottom metal trim

PaulinPa

Reaction score
As has been stated before,1974 front seats are very different from earlier models.Among other things the bottoms are about 1 inch deeper/longer which means the plastic "chrome" seat bottom trim, that goes between the seat bottom and the seat mounting rails, from a pre-74 is too short.I am looking for the correct metal pieces that fit a '74.All 4 pieces if possible.They don't have to be pretty.Please contact me via my email.Thanks!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another nuance of our coupes that I never knew! The end of a shorter one would be hidden under the backrest stop/shelf and not noticeable I would think since it's only an inch.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Paul, I'll look, may be in with the 74 smog equipment I'm saving to turn into a crack pipe. Just to be sure I'm thinking of the correct pieces, the ones on the 1970 2800 CS are chromed plastic- does that sound like the same piece(s)?

PaulinPa

Reaction score
Here are shots of the seat bottoms. '74 is on left,'72 is on right.As can be seen the trim piece on the '74 (on right side of seat bottom) does not extend to the edge of the seat front altho the seat rail mounting holes and seat latch cut-out are lined up.It does not lay flat.Correct trim piece must be longer.

Attachments

• 74 - 72 seat bottoms.jpg
    74 - 72 seat bottoms.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 72 seat bottom.jpg
    72 seat bottom.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 74 seat bottom.jpg
    74 seat bottom.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 130