WTB alpina wheels for my 71 2800cs

shane

Reaction score
Hi I'm looking for some nice wheels for the 71 2800cs I bought It has wire wheels on it now but they are 14s. I would like alpine wheel but hard to find I think. Let my know if you can help thanks

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
+1 on coupeking alpinas. priced right, look exactly the same, except don't say alpina.

And real Alpinas still show up now and then on the forum and on the Internet/eBay. Maybe not cost effective but some folks value having genuine brand parts on their cars. For an air filter who cares if it's Mann and Hummel or Purolator (doesn't it say Purolator on the air is?), but there were a few things branded on our cars back in the day

(1) wheels and tires
(2) Alpina parts
(3) radio
(4) Weber carbs

I value that originality and waited a few years to find a set of real 16" Alpina rims.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
+1 on coupeking alpinas. priced right, look exactly the same, except don't say alpina.

And the spokes aren't as deep. I'm with Steve on OEM and I am not a fan of Chinese wheels. Where's the quality control and who paid to have them tested for safety? DOT?

michael

Site Donor
Reaction score
alpina 14's

I have a set of Alpina 14x7's for sale. Original CSL wheels w/o cut-outs (very hard to find). Refinished to superb finish and brand new Michelin Pilots with >500 miles.

$2700.00 plus shipping for set.

Attachments

• IMG_1441.jpg
    IMG_1441.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 192

floridabmx

Reaction score
Id rather pay a couple bills more and buy the real ones vs the coupe king wheels

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Shane so it looks like you finally found your coupe..........I looked and didn't see you post any pictures of it or let us know the story on it....unless I missed it. Contrats man!

The other Shane

Lime D. Zeze

Reaction score
I have a set of 16" staggered genuine Alpinas for sale. Previous owner had painted them black, but they are the real thing and they are straight and in good shape.

Sold

Thanks
Liam
Seattle, WA

Last edited:

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok - not really period correct but oh so close
My apology to Gransin

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
No need for an apology Don :)

But I got a little bit interested, is a staggered set of closed-lug 16" Alpinas really worth $1700? or more?

I'm only asking because I have a set myself.

Cheers,