WTB Alternator

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ditto for me. You may need to swap the pulley though, easy enough to do, to keep from rubbing on PS belt. Or maybe not!

tmason

Reaction score
Mine has a plug where that black box is,does that come off? (before I purchase it)Thanks

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You will no longer use the three pronged plug or your regulator. Just run a blue wire from Alt (D+?) to regulator to the warning light. Red from battery to large terminal on Alt, just two wires from now on.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I removed the wires from the 3-plug that goes into the old alternator, taped off the 2 not used and plugged the D+ wire back into the new alternator. Then you can keep the old regulator in its spot if you like the stock look, it won't function but it will allow the red idiot light to work. To handle the extra amperage draw from my lights I also ran a separate ground wire from the battery terminal to the alternator case and then onto the block.

tmason

Reaction score
Ok now I'm wondering if a rebuilt alternator that a friend gave me is the right one. Everything matches on the back but the mounting hole is a little smaller,it has a rubber bushing with a sleeve and a c clip holding it in place and mine is solid with a larger hole?
Thanks for help guys!

Mike Goble

Reaction score
I put a 105A GM CS130 alternator in my Bav. It basically bolted right in, I just had to do a little wiring.

tmason

Reaction score
It's a Bosch 30 062 (0 192 052 004) and hole size is a 1/16 smaller on mounting hole,adjusting hole is the same. Maybe it was sold with a spare sleeve for larger bolt and its missing in the box?Do you think I could drill out the sleeve to match the bolt?

tmason

Reaction score
Question

I removed the wires from plug but mine are tan,green and black so not sure which to plug in? Also do you need to run a new wire or using one of these+the one with the bolted on is all I need?Thanks Tim