WTB: Aluminum trim around front seat backs.

CTD

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am looking to re-upholster my seats. The anodized trim that runs around the back of the front seats (around the entire back) is very banged up and cannot be restored.
Does anyone have these in good used condition?

Preferably in Europe but if you can ship these safely without deforming them from outside EU, I will cover the probably very expensive shipping.

Kind regards,
Tom

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Mine were banged up as well, ( who's isn't? ), but I managed to restore them. If they aren't kinked and if you are willing to put in the time you can carefully file them down to remove the dings, then emery paper them smooth, then wet and dry paper starting with say 240 grit moving up to 400 then 600. Finally a polishing wheel using a polish bar. Took me about 3.5 hours per strip. Unless you buy new strips, and good luck with that, just about any strips you but will be banged up.
The pic below shows the finished article including my home made seat lifter surround.

Attachments

• Seat piece.jpg
    Seat piece.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 99

Thomas76

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I saved mine as well, similar story to Gazz. Lots of labor but so rewarding to look at it now knowing I fixed it.

@Markos was offering front seat sets a week or two ago, maybe that's an affordable option?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Look great, Gazz...did you then re-anodize or something else? I like the custom lift surround more than factory...and more durable. I'll take two:)

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
Look great, Gazz...did you then re-anodize or something else? I like the custom lift surround more than factory...and more durable. I'll take two:)

Thanks mate, no they are naked aluminium however I did apply a coat of metal protector which will hold off the oxidation for a once every couple of years maintenance chore.

And I'll place you in the queue for the slots, at present the wait time is out to 2035 and it's a non- refundable $500 deposit.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
:) ...
And thanks for the info on the top coat...when I did my exterior beltline trim, I just waxed with carnuba, so I guess that would work too. If ever there was a time to have time for a tedious job, it is now.

Gazz

Site Donor
Reaction score
:) ...
And thanks for the info on the top coat...when I did my exterior beltline trim, I just waxed with carnuba, so I guess that would work too. If ever there was a time to have time for a tedious job, it is now.

The product is Wolfgang Metallwerk concours metal sealant.