WTB B34 piano top pistons

J.B.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm looking for a set of B34 Euro pistons (high compression), standard bore. So far it's been like trying to find hen's teeth. any leads greatly appreciated.
Email [email protected]

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Those appear to be second oversize.
Are the standards NLA?
And finally- how much are you offering?

J.B.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks for the leads.

Regarding what I'll pay- it depends what you're selling. A set of aftermarket lightweight forged pistons are not the same as a set of stock BMW pistons. I'd think that if new aftermarket pistons can be had for $175 each that used ones should be less than $100 each depending on manufacturer and condition.Like anything there is a bid side and an offer side. often the difference between the two is quite wide. When you go and sell your gold to the jeweler you're likely selling it at a 20% discount to spot. This is the jewelers profit margin. I'm not looking to "steal" a set of pistons but I've found that I often have parts sitting in my garage that I don't need that can be turned into cash while at the same time helping a fellow BMW enthusiast.

I'd like to hear anyone else s opinion as to value..

Bert Poliakoff

Site Donor
Reaction score
I had new 10:1 forged pistons made for my M90(b34) by J&E in Californis. Ran no more than $850 with rings and wristpins for all 6.

J.B.

Site Donor
Reaction score
I've been offered a set of used Euro B34 pistons from a gentleman in Germany for $230 delivered to me.
It sounds like a great deal to me if they're in good condition. I'm not really ion touch with used piston pricing though and I'd appreciate anybody's thoughts

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think a used set of good 10:1 euro piano top pistons is worth 300 bucks.
I would pay 400 if my machinist could inspect them first before I paid for them!