WTB Chrome "CS" Emblem

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Found new complete chrome 3.0 CS emblems in Europe at a decent price but I only need the CS portion and I cannot justify the shipping costs. Anyone have a nice one in chrome, please PM me. Thanks.

02coastie

Site Donor
Reaction score
As luck would have it, I'm also in the market for a new emblem set. Would the cost be more reasonable if we went in on two and split the shipping?

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Not intending to split hairs. Do you really want chrome? The original emblems were polished aluminum but some of the repops appear to be chrome.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Both. Unless you want a matte finish, Anodized aluminum is polished first.

Thanks. Bare aluminum would oxidize without a care quite fast. So it must have been anodized or painted (or less probable chromed).

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
My 3.0 was purchased 3 years ago and sat during the restoration so I don't recall where I got it but it is new...looking and clearly chrome since I needed to thin the pins to fit the new paint in the holes in the trunk. There is clearly copper below the chrome and the weight is that of chrome, not alum.

It would make sense that those cars with a chrome plated license plate holder would get a chrome badge and those with alum, an alum badge...............just my 2 cents ( and those of Drew Gregg)