WTB chrome vents for hood & fender

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the prices of these pieces has gone up in the last year
51131827281 + 282 chrome hood grilles - list 207.69 and getbmwparts price is 166.15

51131827283 + 284 chrome side grilles - list - 107.77 and getbmwparts price is 86.22

Gary Waggoner

Site Donor
Reaction score
No more chrome available from WN. I am looking for left and right NOS chrome if anyone knows of any for sale. Mine are decent, but not perfect.

Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I know someone selling NOS chrome hood vents and black side grilles, still in the BMW bag. I think he will let the set of four go for $300. It is a fair price but I passed on the transaction as my monopoly money on a Korman intake. Shoot me a PM. BlueBomp is first in line. :D

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
They were always plastic
The new chrome ones are a tiny bit different, the inner part of the surface on the old ones had a texture, not smooth

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i'm not sure that i agree with you Mark ... i had a set of side grilles that i gave away to a forum friend ... they were metal and came from an early 2800cs ... and yes the originals were only polished on the outer surface. the new ones are polished chrome everywhere.

mark99

Site Donor
Reaction score
you could be right on some being metal, my car is a 72, I think the ones in the box that came with the car were original and they are plastic
but BMW certainly changed a few things, I have a between the tail light panel that is brass and chrome plated, the later ones are polished aluminum

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve read on here that some were metal. The grilles (both hood and fender) on my ‘71 are plastic. They are in terrible condition and presumably original.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
My 70 has plastic hood and sides.
Gary, were they replaced during the restoration / repaint? my '71 has plastic ones too, but they are polished chrome on all sides ... which means they were replaced at some point. the metal ones that i saw were chrome only on the visible sides, and they were only polished on the top surface.

captaindigme

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I know someone selling NOS chrome hood vents and black side grilles, still in the BMW bag. I think he will let the set of four go for $300. It is a fair price but I passed on the transaction as my monopoly money on a Korman intake. Shoot me a PM. BlueBomp is first in line. :D
If those chrome hood vents are still available ,I'll take them !! Thanks!