WTB Complete Exhaust

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am planning on going to Octoberfest and the LOTA-east-driving up from Ft. Lauderdale. I have the CK exhaust connected to the Stahl headers. The car sounds good to me when heard from the outside. But driving with those 3 DCOE 40's pretty much drowned out the exhaust note from inside the car at any speed. I should join the group for sound comparisons.
For the test I can offer up my rusted oem steel system with eliminated center resonator if it is still on by the time I get there :D

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I love dark beers - dark lagers, porter, stout, I prefer them to the IPA's with outrageous IBU's.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
you will like the Fritz Bits system. Stealth until you really put your foot in it.
waiting to hear back from fritzbits ... trying to find out how long i need to wait to get the exhaust due to covid. they have raised the price by 50 gbp

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
waiting to hear back from fritzbits ... trying to find out how long i need to wait to get the exhaust due to covid. they have raised the price by 50 gbp
I don't see where they list the components other than manifolds, how much are the center and rear mufflers?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don't see where they list the components other than manifolds, how much are the center and rear mufflers?
600 gpb plus shipping. i will forward the quote to you via email when i receive it. i also reached out to the person Keshav recommended.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
for anybody interested in the fritzsbits system ... as mentioned is 600 gbp plus 125 gbp shipping to the usa. Rich at Fritz's told me that they are supposed to get 5 more e9 systems in September ... so if you are in the market, claim one of them quickly. for comparative purposes, the w+n stainless system is 1007 euro (without VAT) plus shipping ... but it includes the 2 downpipes.

i ordered my set and it should be here at the end of next week.

shanon

Reaction score
Interesting thread/chat. I'll suggest a nice Martzen or Belgian Strong Ale for the Fall if the darks are too heavy. It will be Ocktoberfest time ya know?! ;)

As for the exhaust banter/chatter, I got lucky when I did my exhaust. The old timer Bay Area exhaust shop's owner pulled out of the rafters an old NOS BMW center resonator and offered it for my project. He said he had something better than my "straight pipes from the headers to a cherry bomb" idea. Of course I said "sure, go for it!"

He went on to explain the BMW center resonator was a very nice, high flow, unobstructed 2+ inches straight through piece as we peered at each other though both ends of the pipe like a telescope. We elected to omit the middle muffler and added a generic cherry bomb at the end. He did a great job custom bending all the tubing and adding my requested bolt together 'Swiss army knife/quick change/180 degree rotatable' side exhaust pipe that deletes the back muffler section for track days (Where's the sound booth?)

IMHO, the center resonator likely does the most of the job to cut the harsh factor of an exhaust system with the additional mufflers down stream further reducing sound and rasp levels.

An exhaust sound check/beer tasting gathering sounds fun (no pun intended), have fun and post comparison some videos!

Tim M

Reaction score
Hi
If someone has the Fritz system can you post pictures?
Thanks in advance

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
on my E9

Attachments

• IMG_6506.JPG
    IMG_6506.JPG
    311.9 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_6507.JPG
    IMG_6507.JPG
    348.7 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_6508.JPG
    IMG_6508.JPG
    366.9 KB · Views: 100

Tim M

Reaction score
Thanks Stan
Do you have headers? And also does the Fritz system start from the manifold?

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
for those interested, the tailpipe on the Fritz system is 55mm diameter. I spoke to our friend @OCCoupe today and he mentioned that the BMW 55mm exhaust tip doesn't quite fit on the end of the tailpipe, but will with the use of a pipe spreader (done at most muffler shops - but be careful, don't go too far. for those interested in a new tip, look at the 2800cs on realoem and you will find the 55mm tip still sold by BMW ... its cost is somewhere between 40 and 45 bucks.

Tim M

Reaction score
Sorry one more question,how was the fitment of the system? And issue?