WTB Console panels

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Why not have them recovered? Bucket Stitch in Greenville, SC recovered mine. I'm very happy with the results. The fact that they recovered my dash as well makes the set look perhaps more complete than had I just had the panels recovered.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Why not have them recovered? Bucket Stitch in Greenville, SC recovered mine. I'm very happy with the results. The fact that they recovered my dash as well makes the set look perhaps more complete than had I just had the panels recovered.

Photos?
Contact info?
Also, if I find original with better chrome trim, I would go that way

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Call Duane

Bucket Stitch
1521 Old Cedar Lane Rd
Greenville, SC, 29617
(864) 294-9021

I will take some pictures when I go visit the shop next week. I will take a close up of the stitching on the front since I know that's been a topic of concern in the past.

phead82

Reaction score
I've been trying to find these for a while now, since mine are non original to my car, and all the ones I've found so far are far less perfect than yours!
I guess you're probably better off having them recovered, since the ones you'll find will most likely be in the need for it too.
Having said that - should you really happen to find better ones I'll happily take the ones you currently have in your car :)

And the search goes on... (hitching your post)

Patrick

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Stan,

Here are a few close ups of the console. I tried to take them so you could see the stitching and the grain on the vinyl.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381777466.558847.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381777466.558847.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 179
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381777477.860383.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1381777477.860383.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 177

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The panels are out of the car as we get the final AC wiring/switch/faceplate gremlins worked out. They should be going back in sometime next week and I'll take a picture. The test fit seemed ok, but I was distracted by the shift boot surround since my non-AC car needed a little modification. I believe the bill for the console sides was $150 but since I had him do those, the dash pieces, the headliner, visors, carpet, etc. I will have to wait for the final itemized bill to know for sure (and then hide it or burn it to prevent my wife and/or children from ever seeing it).

decoupe

(deceased)
Reaction score
Finance the console

Bury it in the mortgage payment. Don't you have a line item in the garage budget for furniture? You could tell your wife that you went vinyl to save money.

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The invoices haven't been the problem, it's the packages that keep showing up. I have noticed the UPS man shows up in equal amounts for myself and my wife; as more parts arrive, so do new pairs of shoes. I finally got smart and started having them shipped directly to the shop!

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not yet. They were doing a final drive but then found a problem with the oil pump. I'm still waiting on DQ's part to arrive and then we will be back in business. I'll take more pictures when I drop off the part because the console is back together and in the car (or at least was a few weeks ago).

bwalvoord

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I bought the set from Dan (coupe guy). I really like the look but did not have the foresight to send the wheel to Bella so he could match the stain. The wheel has a little more red in it but I'm sure I'll get over that as soon as I drive it more than ten feet.

The next major challenge is finding a good detailed or body shop to advise me or actuall perform the magic needed to get the luster back in the paint. I've read through several very good threads here about polishing and buffing but I think my talents are better suited to maintaining the sorcery.

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
FYI: the cost to recover the kick panels at Bucket Stitch was $235 in late 2013. This included approx $55 in materials and $20 shipping.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Benji- I have new oil pumps with updated relief valve and correct e9 pickup.
1985 NOS for e9.
Let me know if you need one.