WTB - CSL Alpina Style Air Dam

BavarianCream

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does anyone have one they'd be willing to part with? Just spoke with the guys at VSR and they don't have a time line for theirs to come back in due to fiberglass shortage.
Looking for the CSL Alpina version with round air ducts.
Thanks.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 8.29.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 8.29.16 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 132
Last edited:

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
fiberglass shortage? Argh WTF!

You might just hang tight, get the shop to hang onto the paint while committing to shooting the air dam at a later date. Given that it is under the bumper and visually separated from the rest of the car, shouldn’t matter when you paint it.

Aussiecsi

Reaction score
fiberglass shortage? Argh WTF!

You might just hang tight, get the shop to hang onto the paint while committing to shooting the air dam at a later date. Given that it is under the bumper and visually separated from the rest of the car, shouldn’t matter when you paint it.

...they usually require quite a bit of fettling Markos to get them to sit flush with fenders and recommend ( if possible ) to get fitment sorted before painting . Otherwise, they can look a bit "tacked on " .

BavarianCream

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think the best option is to try and get it attached and painted while the other body work is being done due to fitment however if not available then it might have to wait till later. I'll check with Zaprace. @nosmonkey have you had any feedback on quality or seen one in person?

aguirola

Reaction score
We can make you one for $400, it is a fairly hybrid version with the lower lip.
Looks and fits great, 100% spot on provided your nose is undamaged.
Only issue, is the shipping from El Salvador. I can enquire.
If you are interested, please contact me at: alberto.guirola at gmail dot com

Regards, Alberto
BMW CSL Bumper.jpg

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
From the Zaprace link I provided:

STANDARD ROAD CSL
Front Airdam -wrap around with round vents.......................................................................£195

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Zaprace stuff is top notch!

Good point on the fettling @Aussiecsi. I actually have a CSL air dam in my garage (not far from the shop servicng @BavarianCream). Although I don’t need it at the moment, the amount of fettling-per-hour would make it a foolish purchase. It was made by a vendor known for ill fitting fiberglass.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Zaprace stuff is top notch!

Good point on the fettling @Aussiecsi. I actually have a CSL air dam in my garage (not far from the shop servicng @BavarianCream). Although I don’t need it at the moment, the amount of fettling-per-hour would make it a foolish purchase. It was made by a vendor known for ill fitting fiberglass.
We all know who that vendor is.

Mario L.

Reaction score
Fiberglass and the resin come from China now?
With the last year of Covid restrictions, production of glass cloth and resin has been slowed, all while the boating industry has been building lots of new boats and jet skis, a sport perfect for social distancing. Many marine manufacturers are now struggling to build product as they have no supplies. So when a small shop like VSR wants product built, we are turned away.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
With the last year of Covid restrictions, production of glass cloth and resin has been slowed, all while the boating industry has been building lots of new boats and jet skis, a sport perfect for social distancing. Many marine manufacturers are now struggling to build product as they have no supplies. So when a small shop like VSR wants product built, we are turned away.
hey Mario, thanks for posting here ... always a great thing to see a preferred vendor for many things e9coupe ... being active on the forum.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

Thanks @Mario L. FWIW -
My WTF comment was more of a “thanks covid” and not directed at VSR. Meanwhile, back to paying *only 250% more for a sheet of plywood.

aguirola

Reaction score
Zaprace is great. Saw their products in the UK.
The problem, is still the freight. Oh well...

Here, being 3rd world, we can get all the glass and resin we require :)

Regards, Alberto