WTB. Damaged Flag Mirror

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I need a damaged flag mirror that has the black trim around the glass.
Thanks in Advance

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a lonely NOS mirror, base, and body gasket...but not the hard black plastic surround that you request...sorry. Best of luck Harry.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We just had a “jumper” come off a car but I threw it away.
Sorry. I will look in the yard for an old one.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I FINALLY REPLACED THE GLASS AND BLACK PLASTIC SURROUND ON A RIGHT SIDE FLAG MIRROR. REALLY WAS QUITE SIMPLE. The only way you can replace the glass is if you can remove the black surround. If you have a broken or damaged mirror glass it becomes a lot easier by breaking the glass to remove the surround and than replace the glass into the surround grove and than press the surround with the glass into the grove into the body of the mirror.
Any one who wants a glass replaced I can do it for you and only charge for the new mirror glass and shipping.
I have a few Flag mirrors available.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks Chris. I still have a little bit of skill on many things but it's starting to diminish.
I always felt that the experts who do the things we use their service for and usually no smarter than the customers paying for their skille.
I remember at the very beginning of the 1966 2000CS restoration a friend referred me to a sheet metal person who mostly made parts for our Government.
It kind of takes the edge off knowing he does work for the Government.
His job was to replace the flows on the 66 2000CS. We ramped the car to his shop and waited for him to all us when he had completed the job. Weeks later when he called saying the job was completed I sent the ramp truck to his shop and it was delivered. My son is an engineer and quite knowledgeable at any thing mechanical.
I was exited that the floors were in and I immediately called my son to come and see the car.
When my son arrived he immediately got on the floor to check out the work. He got up from the floor and asked " did you look under the car when it was on the ramp?" I told him that I had someone pick up the car and never looked under the car when he delivered. My son was in shock. The expert had put the floors in from the top of the floor and never took the old floors out. It was impossible to put the seats in because they would be too high.
After sitting at the table for a half hour or so, still in shock I came up with a plan. my son who was director of engineering at Bose' Corp. and not bragging he was tops at his job. I told him that all it would take was to sign up for a class on welding and I know you can do a a better job than the expert.
Three weeks later the old floors were out and the new floors were in and the welding job was better than the originals.
The lesson to be learned is " believe in your self never think that you can't do better than the expert'"

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just found a couple of mirrors, one in perfect shape, the other not so much.

If you're still in need, I can take them with me when I pick up the window motor.

Relatedly, it seems you are pretty active when it comes to buying and selling Coupe parts.
I have some parts that I know I'm not sure I'll ever use, and don't really have the energy to sell myself.

Is this something you may be interested in?
LMK