WTB : E21 E24 SPORT SEATS OR SIMILAR ERA RECARO

Czagaroli

Reaction score
Looking for some sport seats to re-uph for my coupe. Would prefer east coast location to help with the shipping costs.
charlie

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking for some sport seats to re-uph for my coupe. Would prefer east coast location to help with the shipping costs.
charlie

Hi Charlie,

Since we have an uptick in Scams in the past couple of weeks, it is worth mentioning that you have been a member for years.

I recommend e21 recaros or early e12-based e24 seats. The later e24 sport seats aren’t the same, and the seat base is quite different. Check with @buddha. I don’t know if he is willing to part with them but he has a set, and is in your neck of the woods.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Charlie,
Scheel-Mann 400's, original covers, missing one rotate knob, one recline small knob, and no headrests; would need to source them, or fab them(3-D print the knobs?). Also missing the rectangular "Scheel-Mann" button on backs. PM if interested, or call me 443.1404.
Dave V.

Attachments

• bumper braces and e9 e24 rear seats 012.JPG
    bumper braces and e9 e24 rear seats 012.JPG
    252.7 KB · Views: 338
  • bumper braces and e9 e24 rear seats 017.JPG
    bumper braces and e9 e24 rear seats 017.JPG
    434.2 KB · Views: 246

Czagaroli

Reaction score
Yes, thanks for pointing that out as I just read the message regarding scams. I have been a member and car owner for many years and live in NC.
I thought maybe the later ones would be trouble, so thanks for the confirmation on that.. I ll check with buddha

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Charlie,
Scheel-Mann 400's, original covers, missing one rotate knob, one recline small knob, and no headrests; would need to source them, or fab them(3-D print the knobs?). Also missing the rectangular "Scheel-Mann" button on backs. PM if interested, or call me 443.1404.
Dave V.
these are VERY comfortable seats. i have a very nice set for my coupe. much more comfortable than the e21 recaros IMHO (i had the recaros in my last 76 2002). i like the scheel mann 400s more than the e30 m3 sport seats (which i have always liked too)

Czagaroli

Reaction score
these are VERY comfortable seats. i have a very nice set for my coupe. much more comfortable than the e21 recaros IMHO (i had the recaros in my last 76 2002). i like the scheel mann 400s more than the e30 m3 sport seats (which i have always liked too)
thanks for the feedback, Dave mentioned the same thing in ref to comfort. Will check them out.

mmccusername

Reaction score
Another vote for the comfort of Scheel 400s. I have a pair that I'm moving from a 2002 into my Bavaria. They're a little too big for an '02 IMO but they're great.

I love the stripes on Dave V's-- anyone know where to get that fabric?

Thanks,
Michael

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The black and white stripe center fabric is like a beefier version of terry cloth...thought it to be not original and then saw another pair with the same cover combo. Period cool. Maybe Gerrit(?) might know of source?

Wladek

Reaction score
Sorry Guys, but these are not Scheel's, these are late 70's Konig.
Rails are the same as in Scheel's that's why ...

p.s. "clone" of 501S/401S

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Maybe I have two sets of Konigs? Attached are pics of my other pair; same underside (hog rings same, stitching, etc), same type of numbered script on bulap as the striped seat (shown in last pic), all profiles similar (more aggressive bolsters on stripey), knobs same, grommet for headrest same...Black ones have Scheel rectangle on the "in-back"......pictures of striped seats both have ghost of where the rectangles were with hole in middle where the thread went, unlike Konigs that had a round logo button.
Is there some sort of identification on Konigs...anywhere? I am by no means an expert, and trying to learn to sell these honestly. I went to the Konig and Scheel "images" on yahoo (not admittedly the gospel..), and there, about twenty rows down, are the seats I have when they were evidently on MyE28.com, with all of the other Scheel seats.

Attachments

• IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    32.7 KB · Views: 214
  • IMG_1341.JPG
    IMG_1341.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1344.JPG
    IMG_1344.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG_1345.JPG
    IMG_1345.JPG
    79.4 KB · Views: 189
  • bumper braces and e9 e24 rear seats 022.JPG
    bumper braces and e9 e24 rear seats 022.JPG
    343 KB · Views: 201

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Scheel manufactured the Konig’s, at least initially. That explains why the very specific scheel sliders bolt up perfectly.

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Scheel manufactured the Konig’s, at least initially. That explains why the very specific scheel sliders bolt up perfectly.

On the bottom of my Scheels is a plate that reads A-S-S, no pun intended. I think they manufactured the Scheels and Konigs.

Attachments

• 20200129_172014.jpg
    20200129_172014.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 230

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Ajay & @dave v. in nc ,

“LarsAlpina” said:
I‘m still collecting the infos but as far as I know now Scheel started producing seats in late 60s in or near Stuttgart. In early 70s (72-73?) one found a new adress for "SCHEEL Schalensitze GmbH" and that was in Karlsfeld near Munich. From 75 to the beginning 80s adds and catalogues were always signed with the names of two companies: "scheel-Schalensitze GmbH" and "ASS Auto-Sport-Spezialsitze KG", both in Karlsfeld. Only ASS made the 203 model, all other models one could buy with both logos ASS and Scheel (at that time no other visible differences as far as I found out). In early 80s there must have been some division because from then on one found "ASS Autosport-Spezialsitze GmbH & Co. Vertriebs KG" in Karlsfeld and "Scheel-Mann-Sitze" in Ditzingen-Heimerdingen near Stuttgart. As far as I know ASS was bought by a dutch guy who still runs the company nowadays. Scheel-Mann was bought by Greiner GmbH in 1988 (I spoke to the owner of the company Siegfried Greiner) and they are also still producing sport seats.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Attached is some of a thread from 2002faq about striped Scheels that are similar, but obviously different seat bolster in profile, but there's that fabric. It is what helped my determination that the fabric on mine is not a unique (very early) re-cover, but something that was original, albeit not mainstream. Still just trying to see what these are for potential buyer. I read most of the early 911s thread, with lots of info, but not perfect clarity. Like to see some period Konig pictures with identification/brochure...Maybe I should see what the early P car guys say...

Attachments

• IMG_1346.JPG
    IMG_1346.JPG
    45.1 KB · Views: 210

Wladek

Reaction score
I read somewhere, that Konig's where made by ASS (ex Scheel), that's why they are partially similar.
The main difference between Konig & ASS that i noticed is the seat bottom shape & hinges/backrest regulation mechanism.

Anyway Konig are era correct late 70's seat's

p.s. nowadays it is pretty hard to judge just on badges/emblems or fabric material, because some had a lot of mods. I noticed that sometimes Recaro seat's have Scheel emblems & vice versa.

Hans W.

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Scheel, Scheelman, Scheel-ASS, ASS...
I see two seats from the Scheel-ASS era ( early seventies ), the 400 series. Those are a bit larger than the 200 series. I sold a pair ASS 203's to Spain this week.
I also have a pair of ASS 201's in black, one Recaro Idealsitz and one Recaro Rallye II seat, but shipping would spoil all the fun.

83697572_577914666093163_8883289538445705216_n.jpg
83475069_509841799908689_7260014414223376384_n.jpg
20150309_094227.jpg
20150309_094313.jpg