WTB E3

ScottC

Reaction score
I have been lurking for a while and decided to put this out there. I'm looking for a restored E3. I have owned 2002's and I am now looking for a bigger sedan. Originality is not that important to me but I do not want a project car that requires painting or rust repair. Must be manual transmission (5 speed conversion would be great) with working A/C. I am looking for a driver so rock chips, interior wear, and minor mechanical problems are OK.

The recent Taiga posted by Matthew is very close to what I am looking for. Thanks for your attention.

[email protected]

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I may know someone looking to sell their E3 in Southern CA; I have limited knowledge of the specific vehicle, but a fellow coupe enthusiast who knows his stuff. I have no affiliation, but will see if he may be interested in chatting.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@GolfBavaria was thinking of selling his a while back

Steve, thanks for letting Scott know mine was for sale. I have since decided to keep it. It is currently at the spa getting a pedicure and a manicure. I.e. - newly rebuilt 87' head w/ mild cam (Ireland Engineering, they say same foundry as Schrick, we will see how it performs) and beefier valve springs being installed soon, clutch fan (I think you gave me your red 9-blade right Steve, thanks again), finally getting that on, custom headers modeled after Stahl, new AC w/ Sanden pump, custom bracket etc., motor mounts, cleaning up engine bay, etc. etc.

I decided to keep the car as I have waaaaay too much into it for what people want to spend on a Bav. It's not a coupe, I'm one of the idiots that spent coupe money on a Bav. It's sentimental at this point so why not keep dumping more money into it, logical right? Not.......anyways, it'll be down for a little bit while all this is going on and unless someone wants to give me a treasure chest full of gold like that old man hid in the mountains, it's staying in the stable. Hopefully a coupe after this. We shall see....stay tuned. GL finding a nice Bav, they are out there, ,more and more people seem to be digging them, they are "different" no matter how you slice it. I will let you know if I hear of anything myself. I need another Bav like I need a hole in my head.

ScottC

Reaction score
Forgot to mention I'm on the east coast. I'm willing to travel but California is too far for a site visit unless I find the perfect car (Malaga, Chamonix, Granatrot)

Steven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Forgot to mention I'm on the east coast. I'm willing to travel but California is too far for a site visit unless I find the perfect car (Malaga, Chamonix, Granatrot)
If there is something in CA that looks and sounds appealing, I'm happy to (as I am sure others on the forum will) to recommend great local shops to do an independent PPI.