WTB: E9 3.0 CS/CSI - Australia

Brendan E

Reaction score
Hi. I've been looking for a good E9 for sometime. Unfortunately & to my great regret. I didn't act quickly enough on a really good blue example in Queensland that was advertised on Carpoint. Back in July/August. if any forum member knows the owner & it's still for sale please pm me.

I'd also welcome hearing from any Oz based owners considering selling. Only interested in a clean & complete model.

Regards
Brendan

mark

Reaction score
Where are you brendon? I have an honest cs in Perth, plus everything for 5 speed (265) and 3.5 (m30b35, 72k kms). Owes me 28. Also a CSL that's the business, but top dollar. Call if any interest 0430 224 222, mark

drewbaker

Reaction score

Brendan E

Reaction score
Hi Drew.. thanks for replying.. I'm Ideally looking for RHD. I think I've got glimpses of your car in in traffic.. Looks great..

Cheers Brendan

alvchua

Reaction score
Hi - I have my 72 Polaris 3.0CS for sale in Adelaide - advertised on Carsales with rego 838838. Open to realistic offers as I'm picking up my White CSL finally tomorrow and need to make room.

More photos on http://s1006.photobucket.com/albums/af181/alvchua/

Only deviation from originality on the car is a recent JVC bluetooth head unit, otherwise car is original specifications. Carbs have recently been rejetted and it is an amazingly quick car now (would not have said this 3 months ago!!)

PM me if you are interested. It is a genuine car, was purchased from 2nd owner in Melbourne a couple of years ago and I have spent over $43k on it including recent respray although realise that alas, I am unlikely to recoup my costs in such a short space of time.

Alvin

Viggen

Reaction score
Hi Brendan,

Looks like you got a competition. I've been looking for one for the last two months. I would prefer a RHD than LHD but I will take anything which is reasonable (budget restrictions :roll:).

I decided to go for California car and I almost bought the car in Ventura but the deal fell through. At this stage I may look what's in UK.

Cheers
Viggen

alvchua

Reaction score
Sorry guys - have not been checking my inbox here for a few days due to macbook HDD dying and work not letting me on to this IP!

Car was sold here to a fellow South Aussie yesterday.

Alvin

Viggen

Reaction score
I restored a 1971 CS in Melbourne with my Dad[...]

-Drew

Hi Drew,

Are you able to tell what the cost of labour was? I got some ridiculous quotes in Sydney today e.g. $10 k for a re-spray... (out of 5 different panel beaters 3 wouldn't take a job anyway 8)).

Viggen

mark

Reaction score
viggen, 10k is not ridiculous, if it includes any rust or body it will in aus (for quality) easily be a multiple of that.

Viggen

Reaction score
viggen, 10k is not ridiculous, if it includes any rust or body it will in aus (for quality) easily be a multiple of that.

Mark,

I understand what we pay for labour here but for me to strip the car off and for them only to patch it and paint it - I still do believe it's a rip off.

Just because it is a BMW not a Pony it doesn't mean they can charge me twice for the same job. (and yes I used them before).

I agree that it can cost multiple of that but I asked for a quote in Europe and just to compare:

(Original spelling)

[FONT=&quot]De-montage, preparing for sandblasting, prime epoxy cover – 40h - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 000 EUR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sandblasting – 40h - 1 000 EUR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Metal sheet work – 120h- 3 000 EUR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Body work, include painting – 160h - 4 000 EUR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Renovation of the mechanics parts including engine comportment 40h – 1 000 EUR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Montage – 80h - 2 000 EUR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New coper break wiring and coper gas system -[/FONT][FONT=&quot]300 EUR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New electric wiring - 625 EUR – [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]New lether interior with carpet - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]1 750 EUR[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Total: 14 675 EUR - let’s say $20 k + any parts.[/FONT]