WTB E9 lowering springs

E9madada

Site Donor
Reaction score

posix

Reaction score
@airidasj I just purchased a spring set from Carl Nelson. If you're interested in those, I believe he still has more in stock.

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
We need someone to try these and report on their performance relative to the CN springs (which I have on my car and find adequate).

scottau

Reaction score
Hi guys, would it be advisable to replace the shocks if going for new (HR) lowering springs??

E9madada

Site Donor
Reaction score
any update on the H+R progressive springs? curious how they are working out
I won't be fitting them for a while. Starter motor packed up:mad: so may take opportunity to have engine out to do some work and refurb engine bay.
The springs are thinner gauge than a standard set I have and due to the progression compress fairly easily to start with.
I'm hoping once on the car and with the Bilstein Sports they will be ok.
Front spring diameter 13.4 mm std 14.8 mm
Rear spring 12.7 mm std 13.1 mm

Springs.jpg

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
I won't be fitting them for a while. Starter motor packed up:mad: so may take opportunity to have engine out to do some work and refurb engine bay.
The springs are thinner gauge than a standard set I have and due to the progression compress fairly easily to start with.
I'm hoping once on the car and with the Bilstein Sports they will be ok.
Front spring diameter 13.4 mm std 14.8 mm
Rear spring 12.7 mm std 13.1 mm

View attachment 104799

So, weight saving too!

I highly recommend going to the smaller fixed magnet starter if you have not already done. Bosch SR440 or SR441 will fit; they are a lot more efficient than the original starters.

E9madada

Site Donor
Reaction score
So, weight saving too!

I highly recommend going to the smaller fixed magnet starter if you have not already done. Bosch SR440 or SR441 will fit; they are a lot more efficient than the original starters.
Thanks for the advice, I will take a look.
Are they a straight swap, any wiring mods needed?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Wiring is the same with this exception: one has a switched terminal when activating starter to bypass the resistor at 12:00 and the other is live always, just skip attaching a wire here, it spins so fast you don’t need to bypass the ballast resistor. Power to the starter is at 6:00 from the ignition switch.

E9madada

Site Donor
Reaction score
Wiring is the same with this exception: one has a switched terminal when activating starter to bypass the resistor at 12:00 and the other is live always, just skip attaching a wire here, it spins so fast you don’t need to bypass the ballast resistor. Power to the starter is at 6:00 from the ignition switch.
Thanks for the info Chris.