WTB: E9 Rear seats, any condition

e9Leveque

Well-Known Member
Site Donor
Messages
1,241
Reaction score
899
Location
Seattle, WA
I'm planning on installing some upgraded front seats in my car and am considering switching from the current vertical pleating to horizontal, which then means rear seats need to change as well. Current seats are in very good condition, so the thought was to pull all four seats, keep them as a matched "original" set for me or someone else in the future and just get a second set of rear cores to have upholstered in horizontal. I've looked at modifying E24 seats - can find those cheap - but original E9 would be best.
Located in Seattle
 
I did this a couple of years ago for the same reason. Fitting E24 seats into the back is pretty straightforward. 15-20 minutes with a dremel cutting out some of the plastic bottom and you're done.
 
I saw that this was possible, but then there seemed to be some responses along the lines of “eh it works but not well”. E24 seats are plentiful and cheap, E9 rears not so much. If you can can you take a picture or two of yours? Most of the threads detailing this are old and the photos are watermarked or absent. I already took a dremel to one of mine to make a little room down there for amp and subwoofer so I have no problem sculpting that underside
 
Yes, those I will keep and use from current car. Color is remaining the same but pleating is changing from vertical to horizontal on the front seats so need to change rears to match. If I do that to my current rears then I will have a matched horizontal set in the car but an orphan set of original E9 fronts with vertical pleating. My rears currently look good, this is all happening just to put in newer-style fronts. So plan was to find an alternate set of rears to be reupholstered with horizontal pleats and pull my entire current set to keep in storage. So armrests and center will be the original (likely redone with the new leather). I got the sense that the e24 seats can play nicely with the e9 armrests and center. I have a 72 so don’t have the nice armrests with the belt pass-through unfortunately
 
1790787945799.png


1790787973786.png


1790788010972.png
 
Back
Top