WTB: Electric Window Switch Connectors

JetDexter

Site Donor
Reaction score
I’m looking for some connectors for the window switches.

Or if you guys know a source for the connectors and pins that would be even better. I’ve searched around the sites and can’t seem to locate any.

Yes- I didn’t know they changed over the years- I have new Mercedes switches actually but the pins match my originals

How many are you looking for? I've robbed some from junk yard cars over the years. They're nylon, not bakelite like the ones in our coupes but they fit correctly assuming they're the style you're looking for. These?:

1616265784015.png

1616265817363.png

Yes, that is exactly what I need! I would love as many as 11 of them (6 for the existing window switches, and 5 for a special project). So I will take whatever you would be willing to part with at a fair price. Thanks a bunch!

Porsche uses these as well the part # 911 612 115 02 I checked a few of the aftermarket suppliers and all they sell are the kits that only have the male ends the part # that I gave you is for the female ends, not sure if they are still available from Porsche 911 from 69 thru 89

Thanks, Rick

It seems these are in demand! I got a few private messages in addition to offering some to the OP. I'll be grabbing these at the junk yard whenever possible (as soon as it's safe to leave the house again).

Thanks for pointing to the Porsche parts, Rick. If the pins are available I can probably do the body of the plug in 3D printed Nylon. Does anyone have a lead on a supply of the correct pins??

1616297732186.png
1616297756778.png

I was considering getting some generic round female bullets in printing the housings myself as well. I didn’t realize it would be so hard to find.

I did find a couple cut off of a Mercedes on eBay so I might grab those to go with the three that I found so far!

They were silver originally AFAIK

Many German producer (BMW, Porsche, MB) used these.
Some were used later on up to E30/E34 - e.g. ABS multi-pole unit connectors in the engine bay
I think Mercedes used them the longest period of time.

from eBay:
1616615783564.png

Yes I've seen a ton of the larger connectors for other components, but I hadn't thought about buying some of those just to get the terminals for a newly printed housing. That could work...

Oh good
They were silver originally AFAIK

Many German producer (BMW, Porsche, MB) used these.

Thank you for this. I looked in to nickel plating but I’ll look into silver now too. I think the price of silver is very different today then in the 70s / 80s.

It sounds like the housings are in higher demand than the pins?

It looks like Kostal (LK) made some switches as well in 2010:

1616653160331.png

Don’t think that one will work.

Correct, one pin too few, but the interesting thing I think is that someone is producing some of the constituent parts.

These look like the female pins although they’re stamped instead of turned like the originals.

Back