WTB frame for right rear window

BlueBomb

Reaction score
My right rear window frame looks like someone tried to pry between the front and rear windows, so it is somewhat bent in at the middle. I don't know if the whole frame is one piece or if each section is a separate part. Anybody got what I need? THANKS!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
it could be that somebody tried to remove it to replace the rubber. the rubber is first fitted to the glass, then the trim is placed over it (sometimes glued onto it) and then the rubber snaps into the side of the trim. many of these pieces are damaged when first trying to remove them ... or they are pried off to brake the glue loose ... and they bend. the other issue that you will find is that they could have been forcefully reapplied with a rubber mallet to get it onto the gasket attached to the window edge ... when this happens it is very difficult to apply the new gasket into the edge of the trim.

get new metal trims and gaskets if you can.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have one with no dents but pitted chrome. I wouldn't run it unless you recur one. Let me know. I have pics I can post later. Thanks!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Okay here are the most unflattering photos I could take.

26242824955_e125f46b97_b.jpg

26216893166_984c6e1360_b.jpg

Your best bet is to find a clean used example as chroming is expensive. If you have no luck, there is this one...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
You know I just reread your post and realize that you are looking for the same part as Gary Knox. I have one of those also. See pics in his thread. It will be in better shape than yours. You can also try to fix yours since it's aluminum. Unlike the chrome part above, you can sand/polish the imperfections on the vertical window chrome.