WTB - M30 complete but not rebuilt HEAD w/ all the parts needed to rebuild

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone out there have a post-86 M30 head preferably; if not pre-86 is ok. I do NOT want it to already be rebuilt but do want it complete, not just an empty core. AND I will need all the extra bits to put it back together, the timing chain upper gear, end cover, screws, tensioner spring, etc. PLEASE NO CRACKED OR DAMAGED ONES - I DON'T WANT YOUR JUNK

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Anyone out there have a post-86 M30 head preferably; if not pre-86 is ok. I do NOT want it to already be rebuilt but do want it complete, not just an empty core. AND I will need all the extra bits to put it back together, the timing chain upper gear, end cover, screws, tensioner spring, etc. PLEASE NO CRACKED OR DAMAGED ONES - I DON'T WANT YOUR JUNK

I may have 2 that are really clean, one of which may be rebuilt for a B34 motor, and 1 on a complete 633 motor that may work for what you need. Seems like you are local as well.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ajay, awesome of you to offer that. Hmmmmmmm.......it came off of a 3.0. I should have mentioned that. However, the person I owe it to, may want the rebuilt head for a B34. The bottom end would need to be bored out to match head correct? Same with the one out of the 633 motor? This is good education for me. Thanks for any input. Depending on what you say, if I think one or the other will work for what I need it for, I will PM you with the rest of the details. And yes, it's super cool that you are local. Is that a CSL you have there? Love to see whatever it is you have sometime, not sure if we have met.

Last edited:

Ajay

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ajay, awesome of you to offer that. Hmmmmmmm.......it came off of a 3.0. I should have mentioned that. However, the person I owe it to, may want the rebuilt head for a B34. The bottom end would need to be bored out to match head correct? Same with the one out of the 633 motor? This is good education for me. Thanks for any input. Depending on what you say, if I think one or the other will work for what I need it for, I will PM you with the rest of the details. And yes, it's super cool that yoiu are locla. Is that a CSL you have there? Love to see whatever it is you have sometime, not sure if we have met.

I dont think we have met but I see you are local in south OC, I am in Irvine and my cars are in Santa Ana. The rebuilt head for the b34 I would probably sell for what I paid to have it redone. The other 2 heads dirt cheap to clear space. The one that is on the shelf is complete and I see early parts on it. B 20190130_123510.jpg 20190130_123515.jpg 20190130_123524.jpg 20190130_123348.jpg 20190130_123421.jpg 20190130_123440.jpg ut I dont know if it has been gone through and made ready to bolt on, and the other is still on the 633 motor, which is complete on a cart. Probably a 1 hour job to pull it off. I was originally going this route with the b34, but a b35 came across my path and now my motor is almost complete. I will snap some pics of the heads later this week when I am over my garage. These pics are not of the redone head.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I dont think we have met but I see you are local in south OC, I am in Irvine and my cars are in Santa Ana. The rebuilt head for the b34 I would probably sell for what I paid to have it redone. The other 2 heads dirt cheap to clear space. The one that is on the shelf is complete and I see early parts on it. BView attachment 64455 View attachment 64456 View attachment 64457 View attachment 64458 View attachment 64459 View attachment 64460 ut I dont know if it has been gone through and made ready to bolt on, and the other is still on the 633 motor, which is complete on a cart. Probably a 1 hour job to pull it off. I was originally going this route with the b34, but a b35 came across my path and now my motor is almost complete. I will snap some pics of the heads later this week when I am over my garage. These pics are not of the redone head.
I'm interested in the one on your shelf that is complete but NOT rebuilt. Send me a PM with what you want for that please. I can pick up no problem, yes local to both Irvine and Santa Ana. We are talking about the one in the pics correct? The 85? perfect!

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have a m30b30 head with the fuel pump provision, it's proper and ready to be rebuilt. You can have it for the cost of shipping and packaging. I'm in atlanta.
I don't know how to ship something of that size and weight so I would be willing to take advice.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a m30b30 head with the fuel pump provision, it's proper and ready to be rebuilt. You can have it for the cost of shipping and packaging. I'm in atlanta.
I don't know how to ship something of that size and weight so I would be willing to take advice.
I appreciate that. Thank you. It looks like Ajay and I came to an agreement on the 85' head he has on his shelf. He's local and like you mentioned, shipping wouldn't be tough but something to think about. If for some reason that falls through I will hit you up! Thanks so much! What a great community.

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
now, if you can help me find an e3 clutch pedal, master cyl and plumbing, I would be eternally grateful

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Shipping a head across America is surprisingly easy and cheap.
Walk into the local FedEx office with a bare clean head. Place it on the counter and take a picture of the surface to prove it was undamaged when they received it. Ask them to box it and ship it

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
110.00 California to Texas.
It helps to open a FedEx account.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
now, if you can help me find an e3 clutch pedal, master cyl and plumbing, I would be eternally grateful
Master cylinders are pretty easy to find. Extra pedal I don't have and plumbing shouldn't be hard. If you know someone that can rebuild my old master cylinder you can have it. But find out first. it will need to be done properly by someone that knows what they are doing. I was told better to just buy a new one. Call Jim at Mesa Performance he may have everything you need.... (949) 642-8824

duct-tape

Site Donor
Reaction score
i just found out that i can still get the master/slave new. i'd rather do that than rebuild.
I should call Jim. thanks