WTB: Marine blue door card Right Hand Side or herringbone vinyl

day66

Reaction score
As per title.

I have a pretty good RH door card but for some reason the textured vinyl doesn't match the rest of the car - it has a perforated finish! So, I'm looking for either a complete door card in marine blue that hasn't been cut for speakers or, and this might be more realistic, the vinyl itself, maybe even just the textured herringbone part which I can probably splice in. Either way I don't need a door pocket nor the bright trim strip

I'm in the UK, so sending the smallest, lightest package is probably preferable (I guess vinyl could be rolled and sent in a poster tube?)

Pictures shows my RH panel that I'm hoping to change, and the LH one I need to match it to! Has anyone something suitable that they are willing to part with?

Attachments

• SDC14768.JPG
    SDC14768.JPG
    258.2 KB · Views: 68
  • SDC14769.JPG
    SDC14769.JPG
    234.1 KB · Views: 65

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi, I have 2 front and 1 rear panels in cognac Brown, but they do have the herringbone structure. Would that work if you die them blue?

They don't have Chrome strips, are an incomplete set, and the other flat vinyl parts have (quite ok) fixed holes. And they are in the Netherlands already.
And as it's an incomplete set, i am willing to split, cut and send you just the herringbone part, rolled up.

How about 75 euro top part + shipping?
. Pm me if it could be interesting.
I'll happily make pics if it could be interesting for you .

Erik

Last edited:

tightbox

Reaction score
As per title.

I have a pretty good RH door card but for some reason the textured vinyl doesn't match the rest of the car - it has a perforated finish! So, I'm looking for either a complete door card in marine blue that hasn't been cut for speakers or, and this might be more realistic, the vinyl itself, maybe even just the textured herringbone part which I can probably splice in. Either way I don't need a door pocket nor the bright trim strip

I'm in the UK, so sending the smallest, lightest package is probably preferable (I guess vinyl could be rolled and sent in a poster tube?)

Pictures shows my RH panel that I'm hoping to change, and the LH one I need to match it to! Has anyone something suitable that they are willing to part with?
These both appear stock to me.

It appears one is a ‘74 (perf) and the other is earlier (herringbone).

You might start with seeing if you can sell (or swap) the whole blue ‘74 panel as they are pretty rare - as a one year only item.

This might make both parties happier as you’d retain the OEM original heat weld between the pieces.

day66

Reaction score
Thank you all for your helpful suggestions and feedback.

All things considered, I think I’ll follow up Gerrit‘s offer (but thank you Erik).

I’ll have a closer look at the RH panel I have, if it is a factory original then it may well be of interest to someone else. It is conceivable that it was replaced when the car had some attention in the 90s, perhaps this was the only style available at the time?