WTB: Muffler

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
I too am also looking for a muffler (silencer) for my 1973 3.0cs.
I live in Boston and willing to take a road trip if necessary.

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a brand new one (rear one), still in the box. I bought it 'just in case' the one on my '74 rusted out, but sold the car before that happened. I think I paid about $450 for it. I'll sell it for $400, including shipping to Boston. If interested, please send me an email: kittyandgary at verizon dot net. I can respond with pix etc.

Gary Knox

tightbox

Reaction score
I'm still looking for a used center section as well if someone has a complete system they're wanting to part out!

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a used center section and rear muffler available. They look to be fairly new - ie., in good shape.

Laldog

Site Donor
Reaction score
Thanks all.

I ended up patching mine, using JB Weld, JB Tiger Patch, and a some sheet metal that I hemmed to clip in to the seam in the muffler.

It should hold until the spring when I'll address a more long-term solution. Maybe Stainless steel, depending on price and availability.

Attachments

• IMG_8079.JPG
    IMG_8079.JPG
    185.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8078.JPG
    IMG_8078.JPG
    226.3 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_8075.JPG
    IMG_8075.JPG
    140.1 KB · Views: 52

tightbox

Reaction score
PM sent on center section - I've been searching to replace mine after someone stole it with an angle grinder in transit/storage thinking it was a catalytic converter (I assume).

A couple of members kindly reached out to offer their old exhaust parts to help me get my car back on the road for summer, but the stars never fully aligned, so she had to sit idle for the summer season!