WTB: Nice E9

m73

Reaction score
It seems if you are set on a 3.5 exchanged car, buying one sooner would make sense. The cost of parts is not likely to spike downward nor is the expert labor needed to make a correct conversion.

If we were talking stock coupes, then prices will fluctuate with market ups & downs....for a nicely modified car it should keep rising at a steady pace.

Patience is always rewarded but difficult to master, hope your results are worth the wait.

-M

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So, if I am reading this right; Hagerty has our cars (other than the CSLs) topping out at $75k. Your top end buyers are going to be sorely disappointed if they go shopping based on this information.

Koopman

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just sold my E30 M3 (on the truck to South America today) and am considering my next move. I am a BMW CCA member and a diehard BMW fan having grown up with them and owned several. The E9 has always appealed to me so I am going to focus my search here over the coming weeks / months. I am not in a rush to buy but will act if the right car shows up. I am looking for a very clean, no-needs car which has been well taken care of. It does not have to be a best in show winner but should be able to stand it's ground in a show.

So - I am interested in opportunities to buy a nice 3.0 CS or CSi. I am now leaning towards a 3.5l / 5 speed conversion.

My budget is flexible - I realize I will have to pay over $40k for a nice car right now and perhaps more if the car is exceptional. Feel free to PM me with any info you have on potential sales. I am looking forward to joining the E9 club.

Thanks,
Alan (Eiremon)
Hi Alan:
I also am from Ma. and have owned over 15 BMWs starting with 2 2002s, 3 or 4 320Is,4 325Is and a favorite of my wife's a 1986 325ES,an E36,an E46 my last purchase in Oct. of 2016 a 2011 328I hardtop convertible,this was the first item on my bucket list and at 73 I better start taking one of the list every chance I have.
I guess I forgot the classic 1967 2000cs which I gave to my son about 7 years ago when I was diagnosed with Cancer. I think I jumped the gun.
Anyways call Paul at 650-679-4125,I'm not sure what year but he is selling a 3.5 coupe for one of his customers. Tell him Harry gave you the info and ask for photos.
Good Luck
Koopman

Eiremon

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks - I have considered Europe but it is a bit of a challenge logistically. I also feel that there are enough cars in the US - just need to be patient.

I have gotten some good responses to this WTB thread so I figure I'll keep asking and hope for the best. I have been a bit picky given that it is still winter. I am not looking to steal a car - simply waiting for the right one.

Rex Kapriellian

Reaction score
Not pitching my car to Eiremon, I was intrigued with the thread and felt like sharing.

I'm finally making some headway with my car. All the sheetmetal work is done, engine started After purchasing a new start switch assembly (not cheap), now back at the body shop for spray (Polaris) I'm very excited to move the chains (American football reference) the plan is still to have the experience of owning and driving one and most likely sell it.

I should have it finished by the time someone decided a to be serious about buying one

1972 CSI Polaris/blue velour euro car
Original engine
Upgrade to 5 speed
Original 4 speed in a box
All metal work done
Sanded to Bare metal, primed and blocked and should be sprayed this month.