WTB Original CSL Flip-over Hood Pin Clips

TedM

Reaction score
Please view the photos to see what I'm talking about. The clip in the photo is an original CSL piece, but it is broken. The ring pops off the pin! The clip also came with a short lanyard that attached to the base plate so the clip wouldn't get lost. These clips would be considered very rare, but are desperately needed as the last finishing touch on my car, which is a 1972 3.0 CSL - one of the 169 carbureted cars. It is extremely original, paint, interior, etc. and completely unrestored - just needs the clips to be 100%. If you know anyone anywhere who might be able to help, I'd really appreciate their contact info. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• DSC09120.jpg
    DSC09120.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 142
  • DSC09121.jpg
    DSC09121.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC09123.jpg
    DSC09123.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 144
  • CSL Cook's Corner1.jpg
    CSL Cook's Corner1.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 138

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Please view the photos to see what I'm talking about. The clip in the photo is an original CSL piece, but it is broken. The ring pops off the pin! The clip also came with a short lanyard that attached to the base plate so the clip wouldn't get lost. These clips would be considered very rare, but are desperately needed as the last finishing touch on my car, which is a 1972 3.0 CSL - one of the 169 carbureted cars. It is extremely original, paint, interior, etc. and completely unrestored - just needs the clips to be 100%. If you know anyone anywhere who might be able to help, I'd really appreciate their contact info. Thanks for looking!

repair it !
if it is a spring ring something can be done

TedM

Reaction score
@deQuincy:

Thanks for the suggestion - have tried fixing; not as simple as it seems. Besides, I only have the one - need two for the hood! Also would love to have the original lanyards.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
do not know how super rare is this part, but those pin clips are very common in hardware shops, so a similar one can be found for sure, i have seen them in different materials or at least finishing as chrome, zinc,..
i remember that i have seen similar ones in essen, and other classic car shows

the landyard can be reproduced too

the question is if you are looking for an exact one i can not help

Tom M

Reaction score
Those are called Lynch Pins and would be stainless and metric. You need to know the pin diameter and length and the usable length dimension to source them.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I really appreciate the input from both of you!

do you want me to try here, we have good sourced hardware shops here, please give me accurate details,
dimensions as pin diameter, i guess around 6 mm
and clip diameter, i guess around 30mm
but please give me accurate measure
i can do it tomorrow

shanon

Reaction score
A Speed shop in socal might have some options or online - jegs, speedway, summit