WTB: Parts for 5-speed conversion

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
We are picking up the '74 Mintgrün tomorrow (YEAAAA!) and will head down to Austin next month to have Terry Sayther put in a 5-speed he has for us. I'd like to accumulate as many of the necessary parts for the conversion as possible before leaving for Texas. Terry said he could convert some existing components to use but would prefer to have parts ready to bolt on. So please let me know what you have and what you need to get for them.
Thanks!

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
bimmerdoc.com can probably supply you with all the parts, or tell you where to get the ones they don't have

He is the one who wrote the tech article. Call and talk to his parts guy.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
We are picking up the '74 Mintgrün tomorrow (YEAAAA!) and will head down to Austin next month to have Terry Sayther put in a 5-speed he has for us. I'd like to accumulate as many of the necessary parts for the conversion as possible before leaving for Texas. Terry said he could convert some existing components to use but would prefer to have parts ready to bolt on. So please let me know what you have and what you need to get for them.
Thanks!

Is it a 4 to 5 speed conversion or automatic to 5 speed?
If it's the earlier I did that last year and wrote a little about it in my project thread, might be of some help?

https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/getting-this-3-0csi-back-on-the-road.16997/post-283703

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
That said, I have these for sale because they are inferior to the mount Coupe King sells: https://www.coupeking.com/shop/product/e9-5-speed-conversion-mount-kit/
Thank you for the experienced evaluation of the transmision mounts and the referral to coupeking. After looking at the possibilites, the coupeking version seems not only better engineered but also not so expensive considering all the parts that come with it. So I ordered that. Thanks for the offer of the others.

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
If it's the earlier I did that last year and wrote a little about it in my project thread, might be of some help?
Thank you Robert, your writeup will definitely help with this process. I am a babe in the woods when it comes to the e9s so all the support is appreciated.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thank you for the experienced evaluation of the transmision mounts and the referral to coupeking. After looking at the possibilites, the coupeking version seems not only better engineered but also not so expensive considering all the parts that come with it. So I ordered that. Thanks for the offer of the others.

That's what this place is all about.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score

choose: Rod DSSR147(147mm)