WTB Petri E9 hub

Dan Mooney

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Please PM me or email me direct at [email protected] if you have one for sale.

My Petri steering wheel is currently installed with a 2002 hub. Not the worst thing, but I'd like to try the slightly longer E9 hub.

Thank you!

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
that's when a '74 extendable column comes in handy. the longer hubs are not readily available, you just have to keep your eyes open

Keshav

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Unfortunately a spacer won’t do the job either, the cover would get too short.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unfortunately a spacer won’t do the job either, the cover would get too short.

I could make a spacer that goes between the cover and the wheel. The spacer needs to have the provisions to hold the cover in place. Not saying I'm going to make one, it just wouldn't be that difficult to have made.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
as Markos has noted, a spacer between the hub and the wheel would work, and none of this would affect the horn ring or the self-canceling tab. you could then use a cover from an e9 to solve the issue ... you can buy a repro cover from coupeguy.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
To us (e9 guys), the CS/CSL hubs have become way more valuable and coveted than a mint condition Petri wheel. One can pick up very nice Petri wheels (not CSL of course) san hubs fairly easily.

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
that's when a '74 extendable column comes in handy. the longer hubs are not readily available, you just have to keep your eyes open

Unfortunately, the whole upper steering column, including the attached steering wheel/left and right stalks move as one assembly.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
I would cut the 2002 hub and add an extender to match the CSL hub length. Then have someone good weld it all back up.

Then I'd buy a CSL repro outer cover.

Yes, I know some of you are mortified right now...but that's what I'd do.