WTB - Rubber boot at back of front turn indicator

oldcoupe

Reaction score
The indicators are complete and cleaned up ok otherwise I'd go to W&N - their price for the indicator lights is good.

None of the previous owners of this car were short of money (it was stored for twelve years before I bought it sixteen years ago) and they had it serviced and repaired "professionally".

I'm thinking about starting a thread about the bad things the mechanics and panel shops do - like just not bother to put back the waterproofing caps on the indicator lights - they would have been lying on the bench ready to go back, but it was too much trouble. This on a repair and repaint that cost almost half what I earned in a year back at the time.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
The indicators are complete and cleaned up ok otherwise I'd go to W&N - their price for the indicator lights is good.

None of the previous owners of this car were short of money (it was stored for twelve years before I bought it sixteen years ago) and they had it serviced and repaired "professionally".

I'm thinking about starting a thread about the bad things the mechanics and panel shops do - like just not bother to put back the waterproofing caps on the indicator lights - they would have been lying on the bench ready to go back, but it was too much trouble. This on a repair and repaint that cost almost half what I earned in a year back at the time.

ha, ha, ha, welcome to the real world, that is why i am my own mechanic, i have seen even more terrible things than that, like throwing away the back plate that presses the filter element in the oil filter canister, leaving the engine virtually filterless forever ! three engines have passed through my hands, none of them retain the back plate !

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
+1 when I first got my coupe and did an oil change I found the same thing. Then I replaced the thermostat as a precaution and found this:

IMG-20110429-00269.jpg

ha, ha, ha, welcome to the real world, that is why i am my own mechanic, i have seen even more terrible things than that, like throwing away the back plate that presses the filter element in the oil filter canister, leaving the engine virtually filterless forever ! three engines have passed through my hands, none of them retain the back plate !

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
someone had drilled 12 holes around the perimeter of my thermostat.

How may cars are missing the "witch's hat"? Reproduction opportunity?

oldcoupe

Reaction score
I reckon there'll be an almost identical part on some other vehicle, hopefully realistically priced.

e9john

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi,

I've carried out a search and this is the only thing that came up, I'm looking for the same rubber boot for the front indicators and wonder if anybody can help.

Cheers,

John.